Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge man of the match

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
For me anyway. Bridgy was excellent today & should have had the MOTM award. The sponsors took the easy route choosing Vicente who played well but surely Bridgys performance was worthy of the champagne. Wayne Bridge showed today he's the best left back in the Championship. Great performance

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Almost every match it is..... but he's a LB and however much of our offense he creates and the opponents attacks he ends, people just don't think of full backs as that valuable. Other than Gus of course for who's system they are VITAL

If he was a striker or attacking midfielder he'd have 20 MOTM so far this season

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Obviously Bridge, sponsors would have picked Vicente if he scored an own goal and then got sent off. Farce

I don't know if it was because I drank far less than normal due to man flu but Vicente was f***ing quality! The first 10 minutes was jaw dropping stuff, he was incredible and played the full 90 again. No surprise at all he got mom where I was sitting!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The match sponsors blatantly pick the player they want to meet/be photographed with.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
or El-Abd for me. Both immense

El-Abd wasn't.

I can think of at least 3 times Austin beat him in the air. One of those times Kuszcak made a wonder save, another time in the second half the header went inches wide of the far post, he should've scored. He then had another chance in the first half.

If they were going to score today, it was through Austin beating El-Abd in the air, they latched onto that fact.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For me anyway. Bridgy was excellent today & should have had the MOTM award. The sponsors took the easy route choosing Vicente who played well but surely Bridgys performance was worthy of the champagne. Wayne Bridge showed today he's the best left back in the Championship. Great performance

Totally agree

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Vicente did one turn away from 3 players that looked scientifically impossible.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Trippier (Burnley's right back) is highly rated. Bridge absolutely embarrassed him in the first half, I almost expected Trippier to be subbed at half time, he was that outclassed.

Bridge easily MOM for me. Contrary to the other thread, I didn't think El Abd was all that. Upson & Bridge were the brilliant half of the defence, Bruno & El Abd the weaker link.

Special mention for Greer and his tremendous clearing header at the end :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trippier (Burnley's right back) is highly rated. Bridge absolutely embarrassed him in the first half, I almost expected Trippier to be subbed at half time, he was that outclassed.

Bridge easily MOM for me. Contrary to the other thread, I didn't think El Abd was all that. Upson & Bridge were the brilliant half of the defence, Bruno & El Abd the weaker link.

Special mention for Greer and his tremendous clearing header at the end :lolol:

It's not even that he was outclassed. He simply WASN'T THERE. It was genuinely as if they'd had a man sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here