Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have boldly predicted a cheeky 3-0 win in the official prediction thread and I'm sticking with it. I think Sir Glenn will do the business in the first half and then Maupay will climb off the bench in the second half to punish a tiring Watford defence with a couple of marvellous strikes on the break. Hopefully Alireza will get off the mark for assists today as well, to get some of the haters off his back a little bit as well. If all that happens, it'll be a perfect day. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Roughly £60M worth of them, no he didn't.
But he had a younger Murray, plus Bruno and Knockaert. Presumably Chris also had a say in Ali J and Locadia being here, so if he couldn't get them to perform then it was down to him. It's not like Bloom didn't provide Chris with any funds.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That all seems quite amazing for the manager to be taking responsibility like that, until you remember that they won the game, so the supporters were hardly in need of an apology. It would be like Klopp apologising to the fans for only winning 4-1 last night.

We didnt win, we got 2-2 against Wigan, easily the worst team in the league at the time. People werent happy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We didnt win, we got 2-2 against Wigan, easily the worst team in the league at the time. People werent happy.
My apologies, I was fooled by watching the highlights of the game against Shef Utd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But he had a younger Murray, plus Bruno and Knockaert. Presumably Chris also had a say in Ali J and Locadia being here, so if he couldn't get them to perform then it was down to him. It's not like Bloom didn't provide Chris with any funds.
I never said he didn't. I was just replying to BG's specific post.

Probably never a good idea mind ....................................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never said he didn't. I was just replying to BG's specific post
I know, but the general gist from you and Nottseagull was that Potter has better players to choose from. If that's true, then I'm suggesting that's in part down to our recruitment with Chris, rather than a lack of backing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're all over the place today Trig, You Ok hun ?
I take the responsibility for my error regarding which game Potter was commenting on. The other point though? Meh. I reply to posts when I see them, I don't check to make sure no one else has posted similar, that's all that happened there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just seen GP lost his last 7 away games with Swansea.:ohmy:
1-1 today.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The start of a new era. No-one knows what to expect. Not many expect a result today. Crodo thread done nice and early.

3-2 to the good guys. Never forget:

watford.jpg

"Watford can't play to save their lives, Amigo"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here