Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Bad fan hoping it will be on NBC Sporrts

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A positive result would be a bonus as expecting us to lose, however i would like to see some improvement in performance and signs of Potterball, that’s all.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Hope POTTER has got something MAGIC up his sleeve today- the last thing I want to see however is him waving his WAND around in the Amex... #thinkofthechildren

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the first time I've ever felt this way; I've ALWAYS preferred result over entertainment. However, I believe in Potter and I think we might just be on the verge of something very special. A 4-3 defeat (although not in the way you describe :)) would indicate to me that such a transformation is under way.
Yes I do understand the logic. Personally, if we draw 0-0 I'll still be very hopeful that a transformation is underway. We all know how unforgiving the Premier League is, and my concern would be that if we're not picking up points then it doesn't matter how wonderful his ideas appear to be, we'll be down the bottom and the players (and manager) will feel the pressure and lose confidence in the plan.

I guess there are ways of losing 4-3 and there are ways of drawing 0-0. A scoreless draw where we're bereft of ideas and saved by luck more than anything won't do a lot for the confidence, whereas 3 well worked goals whilst going down to some bad luck wouldn't be so bad. If it's to be a draw or loss, then perhaps the performance is more important than the result (although I'd definitely take a poor performance if it meant a win).

From watching the women's World Cup I have to say I'm dismayed that a penalty can now be conceded when an arm is neither careless nor raised.
I think the rules were slightly different for the women's WC, where penalties were given if the defender had arms.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s early days, I’m not expecting too much at the moment. If being a Brighton fan has taught me one thing it’s patience.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"We had an idea but clearly it didn't work, or I wasn't able to explain the idea well enough.

"I am disappointed with myself and apologise to the players and to the supporters for the first half."
That all seems quite amazing for the manager to be taking responsibility like that, until you remember that they won the game, so the supporters were hardly in need of an apology. It would be like Klopp apologising to the fans for only winning 4-1 last night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They only signed him two days ago! I assume he's not injured, but also not necessarily match fit yet.

You assume wrong my friend.

BBC Watford team news:

“Danny Welbeck has a long-term ankle injury, with Nathaniel Chalobah, Adalberto Penaranda, Domingos Quina and Dimitri Foulquier all also not fit.“

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'll be surprised if all three of those actually start the match. The team selection will be of huge interest, and I expect CH will be a little envious at what GP has at his disposal.
Haha. Scapegoats don't need to play. If they play and we lose they get the blame. If they don't play and we lose there will be chorus of 'that would never have happened if xxxxx were playing. Why was he not on the pitch"

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You assume wrong my friend.

BBC Watford team news:

“Danny Welbeck has a long-term ankle injury, with Nathaniel Chalobah, Adalberto Penaranda, Domingos Quina and Dimitri Foulquier all also not fit.“
Not sure that's a fact. This was reported yesterday:

Danny Welbeck needs more time to regain his match fitness and is set to miss Watford's opening Premier League match against Brighton on Saturday.

The England striker has joined Watford on a highly-incentivised deal after his contract at Arsenal expired. Welbeck , 28, has not played since being stretchered off with a serious ankle injury in a Europa League tie last November and did not train with the Watford first team on Thursday.

Head coach Javi Gracia said of Welbeck: “He is in good condition and now we’ll have to see the right moment to get him training with the rest of the team.

"To be honest, I don’t think he will be in the squad this weekend. Maybe if you ask me next week I can tell you something more. Now I prefer to wait a few days before deciding what is next for the player.”
Danny Welbeck joined Watford this week but has not trained ahead of Saturday's Brighton clash (Image: Watford FC/Twitter)

Welbeck, who won his 42nd cap against Switzerland last September, said: “There’s lots more to come. I know that I’ve got so much more to show the Premier League.

“It’s been frustrating at times but I can’t just dwell on that and let that get me down. I’m focused on now and being better than I ever have been."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here