Watford v Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Julie Andrews needs to up his game, as does JFC and Lopez.

If all three have an off day we will lose.

Today would be ideal for a long range shot from Julie to actually be on target and fly into the net.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
2 strikers and 2 wingers on the bench - seems a bit odd at the expense of the likes of Ince. Even with an injury to Leo (please no) I doubt we would put Obika and Spanish Dave 2 on together. I can't really see us bringing KLL and March on together either.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I notice that Oscar does seem to leave Ince out while he is in the middle of a good run. I wonder if because he is new to this level, Oscar believes he should take every chance to rest him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
WITH THIS BINT ON THE RADIO NOW
i THINK i MIGHT GO OVER TO rADIO sURREY
AND JUST QUIETLY SLIP AWAY

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I now know why I don't like Radio Sussex
every time I put it on the listen to the commentary they have somebody playing tunes from the last century reminding just how old I am the programme before this they were from 1957

and I found myself singing along
its like living in the bloody nursing home FFS:facepalm:

AND JUST TO PROVE ME WRONG ....................................ITS THE BOSS

Must be safe to turn it on now - sad to have missed the boss though

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I notice that Oscar does seem to leave Ince out while he is in the middle of a good run. I wonder if because he is new to this level, Oscar believes he should take every chance to rest him.

He must be injured, I don't see Oscar not putting a midfielder on the bench on purpose..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With the results yesterday and the gap that is appearing at the top does anyone else think this result is a pivotal one for the remainder of the season?

Win this and I think we are in with a shout, lose it and we will be a bit far way!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm prepared to trust OG when it comes to doing the right thing for the younger players. So if it's not an injury then assume OG is playing the long game.

However, why does he keep picking JFC? I can't see he has justified this. But Oscar clearly sees his worth ahead of some very good midfielders.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WITH THIS BINT ON THE RADIO NOW
i THINK i MIGHT GO OVER TO rADIO sURREY
AND JUST QUIETLY SLIP AWAY

All the residential care homes in Eastbourne have just switched over to BBC Radio Surrey coverage. The residents need a :yawn:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ready to eat humble pie but looks like we are setting up once again to play a out another boring 0-0.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
With the results yesterday and the gap that is appearing at the top does anyone else think this result is a pivotal one for the remainder of the season?

Win this and I think we are in with a shout, lose it and we will be a bit far way!

I'm not sure it could be classed as a must win, but if we don't, we must take near maximum in our next three games at home. We don't want to get left behind!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'm prepared to trust OG when it comes to doing the right thing for the younger players. So if it's not an injury then assume OG is playing the long game.

However, why does he keep picking JFC? I can't see he has justified this. But Oscar clearly sees his worth ahead of some very good midfielders.

I think JFC has a bit of an eye for goal and does score, albeit occasionally. Otherwise I agree he comes over as a bit of a make-weight.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Obviously it is just 3 points like every other 3 points - but we have lost ground in the league due to a few hard away games (and no luck in getting the points we deserved from them) and the missing Leeds game. It also seems as though others have done rather better in the transfer window than us and feels like we are behind a bit. So I feel that we have to win today too. That said if we lose we all know that we are able to put a run together and get back in there.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Andrews had a stormer at Burnley last Tuesday,I'm more worried about Lopez who seems to be consistently off the pace.

Andrews would be one of the first on the team sheet. He is better at slotting into the back four than Bridcutt when our defenders go forward.

Lopez did not seem very good at Burnley. But he does not have many options in front of him. Pass to Ulloa or cross to Ulloa.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure it could be classed as a must win, but if we don't, we must take near maximum in our next three games at home. We don't want to get left behind!

Yes the top clubs are playing well, for now at least. I think we need to keep our nerve and keep the confidence going. A draw would be acceptable. The real issue is that our home form must change and we must start winning there as routine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports