Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford or Leicester in the Final?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Too much over confidence in this thread, so I'm going to try to counter balance it.
I think we'll get a hiding both home and away, if I were palace I'd be hoping that Watford get beaten too.

Not true, just trying to lessen he blow if we do lose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't and didn't want to play Leicester as I am sure that they will raise their game to match the occasion but many coaches do say play the game not the occasion.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its a tricky one. I think I would prefer Watford. We know what Watford are about regarding their style of play. I trust Gus to have a game plan for that style after they wiped the floor with us at Christmas.

As mentioned, its possible they could have a rookie keeper playing. The pressure on a 19 year old playing at Wembley will be immense which can only be good for us. I would like to see the likes of Leo, Ashley & AEA ruffle him up a bit from set pieces as much as possible. (Legally of course :whistle:)

Until next Monday, all the above is of course, purely hypothetical.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I had a premonition a few weeks ago that Leicester beat us 3-0 in the final. Makes me kind of wish I had £100 in the week when Leicester were 20-1 to get promoted. May have soften the blow a bit it it comes true.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we actually manage to beat Palace, I've absolutely no preference. Either of those 2 could be tricky.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As mentioned, its possible they could have a rookie keeper playing. The pressure on a 19 year old playing at Wembley will be immense which can only be good for us. I would like to see the likes of Leo, Ashley & AEA ruffle him up a bit from set pieces as much as possible. (Legally of course :whistle:)

Could we loan them Brez, on the condition that he MUST play in the final?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watford would make for a better game and are beatable. Leicester and I would like to lose them as it would be from a mistake. Watford would try to win on merit. Leicester (like Palace) would try not to lose.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Watford, if their 2 main keepers are out of business, we should manage. But I don't think they're going to manage if I'm honest. Leicester is the likelihood.

Almunia had a minor hamstring tweak and Bond a broken nose, both should be okay for next week and Deeney will only miss one match, so there is still everything to play for.

Correct answer as others have pointed out is who cares, we have to win the semi-final.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
IF we get to the final, IF, then we have finished above Palace AND shattered their promotion hopes. We might lose the final, it's a lottery we know, but I'd be happy with that if i'm honest. We are a very strong championship team and with a couple of key signings and hopefully we can keep hold of Bridders and Bridge then next season we'll be right in the mix! Plus away days at QPR, Reading, Biurnemouth and possibly Brentford, it appeals to me it really does. That said, this could be the only chance we get for a while at the big time, oh I just don't know!

Watford for me, Leicester worry me more, the Hornets are wounded and possibly deflated!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF we get to the final, IF, then we have finished above Palace AND shattered their promotion hopes. We might lose the final, it's a lottery we know, but I'd be happy with that if i'm honest. We are a very strong championship team and with a couple of key signings and hopefully we can keep hold of Bridders and Bridge then next season we'll be right in the mix! Plus away days at QPR, Reading, Biurnemouth and possibly Brentford, it appeals to me it really does. That said, this could be the only chance we get for a while at the big time, oh I just don't know!
You don't know? Bloody hell man, give yourself a slap. If we lose in the final we'll look back on a great year (for a couple of big reasons), but of course we'd like to go up. It's big big money, and next year will be just as difficult, even if we make a couple of signings (there's every chance a struggling premier side would steal Gus too).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
They would both be really hard games. Watford will obviously be gutted after having the chance to go up and losing. However, if they beat Leicester, they will have got over that disappointment to win the semi final and they are the best team we have played this season in my opinion. Leicester would have come from almost being out of it to a play off final and will be buoyant so would be a tough game.

Having said that, if (and it's a big if) we beat Palace, we will have just beaten our big rivals in a play off semi final and be in really good form too. So, on reflection, I don't mind as long as we get there. They are both good sides but both beatable in a one off Wembley match when the team who handles the tension better will win it.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
I think you are the favourites - at least if we get to the final its not at home though where we generally just don't perform.

Be a cracking game for football though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I might bury this thread, and all others with what appear at first glance to be presumptive titles, on Monday afternoon, just in case...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here