**** Watford FC vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official match thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
5 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats, GD 0

symmetry in our season

draw a line under this run and let's turn Barnsley over

Feb 14, 2010
Leaving aside the attention seeking teenagers, the lack of chances over the last 9 (is it 9?) games is not good enough. But Poyet doesn't need us to tell him that - he will know and back him to sort it out

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
How? The shots on target we've had in the last three games is in very low figures.
Everybody says nevermind, we'll win the next game, but our players confidence has been shot to bits!
Am concerned

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am beginning to get concerned, we need to play at pace and be prepared to lose possession. We can not afford to cut back and play the sideways ball all the time, we are not good enough to outplay teams that way like we did last year. I still have faith in Gus but now he is being tested as a manager - we are not Barcelona and never will be. We do have pacey wingers and a very quick striker. Time to go 442 with 2 wingers ?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
How? The shots on target we've had in the last three games is in very low figures.
Everybody says nevermind, we'll win the next game, but our players confidence has been shot to bits!
Am concerned

Some people seem to think we deserve the right to turn things around. But you're spot on, we're in a real fight now. Barnsley is a f***ing huge game- lose to them and you really do have to wonder where our next points will come from.

Feb 14, 2010
I am beginning to get concerned, we need to play at pace and be prepared to lose possession. We can not afford to cut back and play the sideways ball all the time, we are not good enough to outplay teams that way like we did last year. I still have faith in Gus but now he is being tested as a manager - we are not Barcelona and never will be. We do have pacey wingers and a very quick striker. Time to go 442 with 2 wingers ?

Away from home I would have 451 / 433 with two wingers.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=16500]Superseagull69[/MENTION] I went all in, now I'm think I need a refund for having to much faith in the team!! :lolol:

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath

this

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some people seem to think we deserve the right to turn things around. But you're spot on, we're in a real fight now. Barnsley is a f***ing huge game- lose to them and you really do have to wonder where our next points will come from.

Aye I'd settle for some odd goal like they got tonight...it's such a game of confidence they are bound to b very nervous..as the crowd will b......b interesting to c who will b fit for Sunday

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Am concerned

Could you not pop up with your timepiece 'n' chain to the training ground & do a spot of hypnosis on the squad? You know Tone, make 'em believe they're Barca & Barnsley are a Balfour Mixed Juniors & Infants 2nd 11??

Cheers for Fixin' It in advance Mr L-M! :thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Christ it didn't take long for the bickering to start. I imagine a few of you will be calling for Gus to get the sack in the morning. Behave your f***ing selves. This was always going to be a learning season & as we are finding out there are much tougher teams & managers who are well versed in neutralising the way we play. This team is a work in progress & is continually learning its craft, from the manager to the players right down to the f***ing administration staff this is a business that is finding its feet. I am not looking for excuses for the poor run of results we have had of late but look a little deeper & you'll see that we aren't actually that bad and for those of you hitting the panic button just f*** off & go live in La La land. The people who are not realising that we were bound to have a tough period are the self same people who will be more comfortable supporting Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, etc, etc.
This team will learn from these hard times & bounce back stronger. There are problems & they will be resolved & then you will see that we are going to enjoy moments of greatness but sadly moments of utter despair. That's football & I wouldn't change it for anything. We have a very special set up from The Chairman, Manager, Players right through to the staff who work behind the scenes producing Prawn sandwiches. We are blessed. Don't take anything away from how far we have come by moaning about a run of difficult results with a team that is finding its heart & soul.
Patience, that's all you need to find that this is going to be the best we could ever have dreamed of 5 years ago.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the 11 albion players are still on the pitch playing against no one score is still 1-0 to them

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
One thing that annoyed me about your promotion last season is that you went the whole season without getting any serious injuries to your key players.

No, we didn't.

(apologies if this was already answered elsewhere in this thread).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports