Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waterproof coat advice

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
There are 1000's of coats available so asking some advice before you spend £100 is quite sensible I think. Someone upset you today? Or are you actually looking for advice on how to wipe your arse but too shy to ask?
I hear you should wipe front to back so not to get your fa**y dirty

Point missed entirely, but carry on.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I had a North Face which gave 12 years faithful service, which was replaced by a coat with flece from Mountain Warehouse for £80 last year. I know that sounds very cheap, but during last winter survived at least four good downpours, and let no rain or cold wind in.

Easily as good as my old North Face, and a far better fit, for a fat lad, than the items at Tog24.

The Mountain Warehouse shop is on Queens Road, near the Albion shop.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Superdry Windcheater. Best around.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fine if you're a 17 year old chav who is 11st max. Sizes are stupidly small and it's aimed at teenagers. But hey, maybe you're a slim teenager.

Wrong. I am 36 and one of the best jackets I've owned. Their target market is males aged 25-40 and lezzas. Got given it on a job and dismissed it as you have, after grabbing it one morning as I left the house in a hurry I was delighted. Breathable, comfortable, waterproof and stylish. Yes, it may be regarded as a fashion item by the ignorant but many servicable, utilitarian grments have become fashion items. 11st? I am 14 stone and a large size fits me just fine. But hey, maybe you're a 40 summat who has given up and gone to seed.

Think this is more up your street:

www.cottontraders.com

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wrong. I am 36 and one of the best jackets I've owned. Their target market is males aged 25-40 and lezzas. Got given it on a job and dismissed it as you have, after grabbing it one morning as I left the house in a hurry I was delighted. Breathable, comfortable, waterproof and stylish. Yes, it may be regarded as a fashion item by the ignorant but many servicable, utilitarian grments have become fashion items. 11st? I am 14 stone and a large size fits me just fine. But hey, maybe you're a 40 summat who has given up and gone to seed.

www.cottontraders.com

You got given this coat on a job? I like the sound of this and to be fair if you have got the plain black coat i thinl they look fine.
I got given some yoghurt drinks on a job last week, got home and realised they were out of date! :-(

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You got given this coat on a job? I like the sound of this and to be fair if you have got the plain black coat i thinl they look fine.
I got given some yoghurt drinks on a job last week, got home and realised they were out of date! :-(

I like Yoghurt drinks! Modelling job, got a a shed load of Superdry stock, summer and winter bits sorted. Yes, plain black coat with small orange shoulder detail. The triple zip, large collar and thick cuffs really do make this jacket a stylish must have for the conscientious man both in town and country :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I like Yoghurt drinks! Modelling job, got a a shed load of Superdry stock, summer and winter bits sorted. Yes, plain black coat with small orange shoulder detail. The triple zip, large collar and thick cuffs really do make this jacket a stylish must have for the conscientious man both in town and country :)
Swop you some out of date yoghurt drinks for a Superdry t-shirt!:)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Northface 'Resolve' jacket. Lightweight, waterproof and allows sufficient breathability for most situations.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

www.cottontraders.com

£20 for the full elastic comfort trouser

• Super-soft garment washed cotton
• Fully elasticated waist with inner drawcord for a perfect fit
• 2 side slant pockets
• Single back pocket with secure button fastening

These stylish casuals in 100% garment-washed cotton have to be the most comfortable option ever, thanks in no small part to the fully-elasticated waistband, which ensures a perfect fit every time. Impeccably finished, the trousers also boast an incredible low price – just £20.

Machine Washable
100% Cotton

I've seen the future and I want to get off now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
£20 for the full elastic comfort trouser

• Super-soft garment washed cotton
• Fully elasticated waist with inner drawcord for a perfect fit
• 2 side slant pockets
• Single back pocket with secure button fastening

These stylish casuals in 100% garment-washed cotton have to be the most comfortable option ever, thanks in no small part to the fully-elasticated waistband, which ensures a perfect fit every time. Impeccably finished, the trousers also boast an incredible low price – just £20.

Machine Washable
100% Cotton

I've seen the future and I want to get off now.

Double lined, zippable side pocketed, action slacks.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
A 14st 36 year old in a Superdry jacket. Nice. I stick with my Chav comment then!

I agree it probably is a good jacket. Just that it happens to say super dry on it. And i can assure you the target market is definately not 25 - 40! The lesbian bit wasnt a target market either it has happened that way becuase most lesbians tend to dress like teenage boys.

Oh and I'm 30 just incase you still think im old and cant see how cool Super Dry is.

Oh and the most important point you seem to have missed. This thread is asking for advice on a waterproof jacket. Although your windcheater may be warm, as the name suggest it is not renowned for its waterproof excellence!! Splash resistant at best

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A 14st 36 year old in a Superdry jacket. Nice. I stick with my Chav comment then!

I agree it probably is a good jacket. Just that it happens to say super dry on it. And i can assure you the target market is definately not 25 - 40! The lesbian bit wasnt a target market either it has happened that way becuase most lesbians tend to dress like teenage boys.

Oh and I'm 30 just incase you still think im old and cant see how cool Super Dry is.

Oh and the most important point you seem to have missed. This thread is asking for advice on a waterproof jacket. Although your windcheater may be warm, as the name suggest it is not renowned for its waterproof excellence!! Splash resistant at best

Are you genuinely getting uppity over someone's choice of outdoor jacket? Bore off, Man at C&A.

Plus the fact that a 36 year old man, ie me, is modelling it for them indicates that is their trget mrket.

It can certainly withstand a sustained heavy downpour. Anywy he said he was walking the dog in it, not recovering bodies from the North Sea. Have you ried upstairs at Sports Direct?

For the record for a full service outdoor coat that would survive even the heaviest of drenchings Lowe Alpine are good as are Berghaus.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here