[Albion] Was today our best starting 11?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree. I think he studies the other team, looks for their weaknesses and will adapt our game to exploit them.

This is why he has been coaching the team in various formations, so he can even switch them mid game, if necessary.
Potter, not only has a plan B, but a plan C & D.

Whereas his predecessor, as much as l liked him, had no real plan B.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It was our best team against spurs. It might not be our best team against the next opponents. I wouldn't advocate keeping the exact same XI until we draw or lose because we need the flexibility. March Propper and Trossard were all excellent before their injuries and we will need them starting some games too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think trossard in there somewhere, but Certainly not rushing to bring propper back.

I thought gross and mooy dominated yesterday, and Stephens seems to be the first name on the sheet so I assume injuries will determine a chance in team.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Who are making way for trossard and propper?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Depends on the formation but I'd say Alzate and either Mooy(yes, he was excellent today) or Gross(yes, he's having a decent season). It's really not a bad position to be in. It also highlights the quality of the squad, even if it is a bit light on numbers.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I agree. I think he studies the other team, looks for their weaknesses and will adapt our game to exploit them.

This is why he has been coaching the team in various formations, so he can even switch them mid game, if necessary.
Potter, not only has a plan B, but a plan C & D.[/QUOTE

This.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I never realised how good Mooy is until yesterday. When we signed him I thought he was just a bog standard midfielder who would do a job without being outstanding. Today he was an absolute beast. If it weren’t for Connolly he’d have been MOTM.

Looks like Shelvey, played yesterday like him at his best (damned good) but not a dickhead. Sign him up!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If everyone was fit we could make another 11 that would give the starting 11 yesterday a good game!

Button , Bernado , schilloto , Duffy , balagon , propper , March , bissouma , Trossard , Murray , AJ or Izzy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is the heartbeat of our team, and we missed him immensely when he was injured.

Indeed, and would be one of the first on my teamsheet. People say he has no pace and can't head a ball, that may be true, but if he had that to his game too, he would be playing a lot higher up the pyramid than for Brighton.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
One of those occasions when I am not sure whether a poster is having a laugh or being serious. No, you are having a laugh.

I've never been one of his biggest fans but I feel our leading goalscorer for the past 3 seasons is probably a part of our best 11. With age and a change of focus from the players being factors I don't think Murray will be in our best 11 by the end of the season but it seems harsh to leave him out at this stage

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Great having players coming back from injury and creating healthy competition for players.

Whilst I often say the same thing, I don't think it applies to PL football. Yesterday's side might be all wrong against Arstown Vanilla.

You don't fix a cars that's not broken, but you may change the wheels/tyres for different conditions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I often say the same thing, I don't think it applies to PL football. Yesterday's side might be all wrong against Arstown Vanilla.

You don't fix a cars that's not broken, but you may change the wheels/tyres for different conditions.

Chopping and changing managers very often come unstuck after a deserved win. Hopefully zero or just one or two personnel changes.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
Against villa its just a case of keeping Grealish and Mcginn quiet have faith in GP to pick a side to achieve this, would expect Trossard back but not guaranteed, great management yesterday spurs were out-thought which resulted in them being out played.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think we can say our best 11, in whatever formation Potter wanted to play, would include Ryan, Dunk, and Trossard and that is about it, Connolly may well become the next name that would always be in, but too early to say that for certain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports