Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Was there an England game at the Goldstone in the '90s?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was at the U/21 England v Norway game, standing on the West stand terrace. From what I remember, the attendance was 18,000+, we had just installed new floodlights, and there was a bloke next to me complaining that the crowd was too noisy! :facepalm:
I remember being shusshed in the North (geriatric) stand at Withdean on one occasion.

I was so surprised I had to do a double take to make sure I was watching the Albion and hadn't stumbled over the road into the bowls enclosure and fallen over some duffers watching in deck chairs, when I'd left the pub before KO.

It was like being at an orgy and being asked to 'put that frightful erection away'.

el punal

I remember being shusshed in the North (geriatric) stand at Withdean on one occasion.

I was so surprised I had to do a double take to make sure I was watching the Albion and hadn't stumbled over the road into the bowls enclosure and fallen over some duffers watching in deck chairs, when I'd left the pub before KO.

It was like being at an orgy and being asked to 'put that frightful erection away'.
I’m surprised no one came up with “must I touch the beastly thing?” :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I went to England Women v Iceland at the Goldstone in the 90s, cannot remember when though.
I went to England Women v Russia Women at the Goldstone in the early '90s. What I can remember about it is that the Russia no. 11 was Player of the Match. She had an outstanding game.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not quite, we actually lost 0-2 to New Zealand. 😂
Oops! I couldn't quite remember but didn't think Brighton won, so I checked. Sometime needs to change the WAB website then: 'On February 10th, 1992, Brighton played a friendly match against the New Zealand national team at The Goldstone; the game ended 2-0, to Brighton.'

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I remember Tony Adams being given the old donkey chant even though it was a England(B) game. Bit strange.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Oops! I couldn't quite remember but didn't think Brighton won, so I checked. Sometime needs to change the WAB website then: 'On February 10th, 1992, Brighton played a friendly match against the New Zealand national team at The Goldstone; the game ended 2-0, to Brighton.'
😂 no probs! I’m a pedant so I’ll message them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here