Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was there a better site than Falmer

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Honestly what are we going to do if there were a better site than Falmer? All do an Amish barn move and pick it up and move it?....

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think the one thing a lot are missing is that very little people can walk home from Falmer, as there's very little residential areas nearby. If the Brighton station site got approval, thousands of fans would've been within walking distance of home which puts a lot less pressure on infrastructure. Maybe expanding the Amex from 22k wasn't thought out well enough either.
I can assure you from personal experience that ‘very little people’ can not walk home from Falmer! Our legs get tired!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think the one thing a lot are missing is that very little people can walk home from Falmer, as there's very little residential areas nearby. If the Brighton station site got approval, thousands of fans would've been within walking distance of home which puts a lot less pressure on infrastructure. Maybe expanding the Amex from 22k wasn't thought out well enough either.
On the contrary, I think we all realise very little people would find it really difficult to walk home from Falmer - hence the importance of train links 😉

The Brighton site was seriously considered as I said above and the Greens campaigned for it - but it was a much smaller site - the infrastructure space required wasn’t so much needed for fans being unable to walk home from the match but to make the club financially viable with additional hospitality space and envisioned us being a Premier Division Club within the next 5-6 years - additionally the Station Site proposal didn’t fit in with the Council Town Planning brief which was very onerous:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here