Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the atmosphere last night a bit underwhelming ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought the atmosphere was one of the better ones this season, from my usual vantage point of ESL block B.

Not the first time Palace have been quiet at our place though. I think people expect them to be much louder than they generally are.

At times this season I've been able to hear the players talking and I never noticed that at all in the early seasons at the Amex. That didn't occur last night.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was excellent in the WSU, could hardly hear the Palace fans at all. Much louder in our section than it usually is.
Was brilliant last night - the real Albion fans proper up for it - palace quiet as usual. I wondered when we’d have someone slate the atmo despite every commentary and reports and RDZ himself saying how electric it was! Unreal.

RDZ also said the atmo is always good and loud at the Amex - and he’s managed all over the world. I will never get bored of reminding people the Amex is louder than most grounds I’ve been to. Some just like to be negative - prob the same ones who don’t sing!

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
The Amex is not loud trust me. That’s not being negative, it’s just a modern football fact.

Imagine a South American football fan being there last night knowing we are playing our rivals with that atmosphere ! I’d have cringed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Think a lot of the crowd ends up nervy and tense during these matches. If we were winning 3-0 it would have been a different matter.
I thought the nervy feeling for a lot of the match diminished the atmosphere which was still very loud at times in WSU. Palace though? Definitely the quietest I've ever heard them and that's going back to the mid 70's. Probably a sign both of their form and also our utter superiority as a club both on and off the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Had nervous nellies near me. Had "Oh no, they've done us, no no no!" when one of their defenders got behind one of our attackers and still had two thirds of the pitch, and 8 Brighton players to get past. The Palace player lost the ball before crossing the halfway line. Also got a "we're giving them too much space! Get it together!" when their keeper played it out the box to one of their centre backs and Welbeck and Mac Allister were just a little firther forward than the edge of the centre circle.

Weather, nerves, flat opposition fans, a team that was a bit slow to get going, and when they did get going, it was still a level lower and a bit pedestrian at times, that all combined really. There were moments when it was good, but a lot of moments where it was quite flat

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Was certainly better than the average Amex atmosphere but probably the worst I can remember at home v Palace from the WSl, which I think is possibly the worst part of the ground to hear home support noise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Amex is not loud trust me. That’s not being negative, it’s just a modern football fact.

Imagine a South American football fan being there last night knowing we are playing our rivals with that atmosphere ! I’d have cringed.
There’s a YouTube video of one who was loving it - all the comments say about the atmosphere from other foreigners…

Now tell us who you really support? 🤣🤣🤣

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was great.

I thought you went to games?
I do but things got in the way last night, so haven’t seen a win in the flesh against Palace for years now :down:

I have been there for the vast majority of disappointments though.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
What I find REALLY annoying is the people who wait for a slight pause in the singing to make a self-righteous SSSSSHHH noise.

Bloke near us has started doing it a lot and yet I'm not aware of him starting any chants or songs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You would have cringed? Now I know for certain that you are a WUM. If not, you need to get a grip :lolol:

Go ahead and cringe…I think Roland may have been there AND filming it :eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here