Was Macca injured tonight ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does beg the question what the posters bigging-up CMS are basing their bigging-up ON exactly? His transfer fee? His being a genuinely nice bloke? Whatever it is, its certainly not based on anything he's shown on the pitch for quite a long time now. Even Scotland have quietly dropped him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Does beg the question what the posters bigging-up CMS are basing their bigging-up ON exactly? His transfer fee? His being a genuinely nice bloke? Whatever it is, its certainly not based on anything he's shown on the pitch for quite a long time now. Even Scotland have quietly dropped him.

Agree :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Begs the question why Hoskins is revered for doing nothing, CMS gives everything and is slated. Some of us think he earns respect every game he plays, unlike Hoskins who whines about the collar in every interview.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He was shit Saturday so didn't play. Fairly obvious really to those who open there eyes.

Hoskins looked a much better partner for Ulloa ( ok it was back to 4-3-3/4-5-1) than CMS did in a 4-4-2 on Saturday.

Such a shame he got injured but appears to be made of glass if he starts a match.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Whats the point if giving everything if it achieves nothing ... Hoskins showed more tonight before his injury than CMS has for ages

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Begs the question why Hoskins is revered for doing nothing, CMS gives everything and is slated. Some of us think he earns respect every game he plays, unlike Hoskins who whines about the collar in every interview.

We've only rarely seen Hoskins, and IMHO he's looked pretty sharp on those occasions, whereas with CMS we've seen enough to know what he's good at and what his limitations are.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Your all going off on a tangent , this thread is not about CMS starting , it's about Gus and his promise of not settling for no more draws and his comments on how brilliant CMS is to have on the bench with 15 to go against tired defenders etc

Last night was perfect to put that into action and he bottled it .......

We dominated for first 23 mins with 2 up top ! Hoskins gets Injured and he changes the whole system ??

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Your all going off on a tangent , this thread is not about CMS starting , it's about Gus and his promise of not settling for no more draws and his comments on how brilliant CMS is to have on the bench with 15 to go against tired defenders etc

Last night was perfect to put that into action and he bottled it .......

We dominated for first 23 mins with 2 up top ! Hoskins gets Injured and he changes the whole system ??
Exactly this if we had continued to play two up top we would have won, the amount of quality balls crossed in by Vicente and no one on the back post was criminal.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think he would have made a difference as we were pulling balls back from the edge of the box into the area where CMS would have been for a tap in - no one else was getting on these

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I agree with Lua Lua coming on , but there was still room from Macca as well ,

I'm not moaning about he performance I'm merely stating what Gus has told us all recently , No more Draws and Macca being great to come on for last 15

Based on Saturdays performance, he has little control, and he was effictively making the runs and taking the position that Ulloa wanted to take. All he offers at the moment is that he runs around around a lot. I am hoping barnes gets a run with Ulloa because I think they could combine well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He has no confidence again and is a waste of a striker at the moment, maybe some games fo the development team might help against lesser
opposition

I don't disagree and was happy to see Hoskins starting but not giving him a chance with 15-20 min's to go in a "must win" sort of game is hardly going to do his confidence much good

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't disagree and was happy to see Hoskins starting but not giving him a chance with 15-20 min's to go in a "must win" sort of game is hardly going to do his confidence much good

maybe Gus has seen something whilst training which he is not happy with ... who knows

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Even if he didn't score He would have pulled defenders from pillar to post creating openings and more space for Vicente and Orlandi he would have chased down everything causing mistakes and his work rate alone would have lifted the team and crowd to another level for last 15 .
Good post,.... this is exactly what he would have done.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought CMS should have come on for Hoskins as Orlandi plays in too similar style and position as Vicente.

However I gave up trying to understand Gus's subs long ago.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

I think it's his hair

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus didn't bring CMS on, as he probably felt that he wouldn't improve the team.

On current form, I would have to agree.

Whereas, I would have brought Barnes on, if he hadn't been suspended. A lot don't like him but he has the ability to change things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports