Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Macca injured tonight ?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
If not why the hell did he not get 15 minutes when we were on top and Blackburn were tiring??

Gus has been quoted as saying " what a great player Macca is to come on at this stage of a game "

Gus has been quoted as saying " we must go for it draws are no good "

I'm not moaning just didn't make sense , Uolla was tired , HMS Hammond would not have been missed in last 15.

Draws are not good enough at home if we are serious about promotion.

Great performance thou really enjoyed it tonight even if it was a bit of Ground Hog Day in regards to possession and goals..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I said the same thing. Can't understand why he didn't come on for Hoskins,but if we'd settled on one main striker after that then I would have expected him on for Ulloa for 15 mins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would have been nice to find out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He has no confidence again and is a waste of a striker at the moment, maybe some games fo the development team might help against lesser opposition

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor tweeted that CMS was ready to come on for the last couple of minutes plus stoppage time but I think the 90 minutes were up when the board was shown so the changeover would have eaten into the stoppage time and lost the impetus too.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
He has no confidence again and is a waste of a striker at the moment, maybe some games fo the development team might help against lesser opposition

Even if he didn't score He would have pulled defenders from pillar to post creating openings and more space for Vicente and Orlandi he would have chased down everything causing mistakes and his work rate alone would have lifted the team and crowd to another level for last 15 .

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I said the same thing. Can't understand why he didn't come on for Hoskins,but if we'd settled on one main striker after that then I would have expected him on for Ulloa for 15 mins.

To be fair, Orlandi put more into the game than what Mackail-Smith would've done...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If not why the hell did he not get 15 minutes when we were on top and Blackburn were tiring??

Gus has been quoted as saying " what a great player Macca is to come on at this stage of a game "

Gus has been quoted as saying " we must go for it draws are no good "

I'm not moaning just didn't make sense , Uolla was tired , HMS Hammond would not have been missed in last 15.

Draws are not good enough at home if we are serious about promotion.

Great performance thou really enjoyed it tonight even if it was a bit of Ground Hog Day in regards to possession and goals..

maybe gus has seen the light

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Even if he didn't score He would have pulled defenders from pillar to post creating openings and more space for Vicente and Orlandi he would have chased down everything causing mistakes and his work rate alone would have lifted the team and crowd to another level for last 15 .

Err no he wouldn't how many goals in his last 10-games

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely this. Im afraid he's a shadow of his former self. He has no confidence and his constant falling over is indicative of that. Hoskins was showing how to do it before his injury. If CMS had been in any kind of form Gus would have brought him on. Really hope he can come good but I have my doubts.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Because LuaLua was sent on for that exact reason and was far more likely to make a difference than CMS?

I agree with Lua Lua coming on , but there was still room from Macca as well ,

I'm not moaning about he performance I'm merely stating what Gus has told us all recently , No more Draws and Macca being great to come on for last 15

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here