Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it really a good thing that Boro did not win?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was 21, and 10 were draws, so nowhere near the point haul that we have had in our streak. Also, you were far from poor.

Haha! Even now our unbeaten run isn't good enough when compared with yours. You've won 3 more games than us in your 21 win streak so that's 6 more points. "Nowhere near the point haul [Burnley] have had"?... 6 points! At one point during your unbeaten run we were something like 5 points behind you and there was a huge goal difference and we've managed to catch you and match you in goals scored so I'd argue that 6 points is not all that much.

And my point about what a lot of rival fans were saying about us remains. It's become a bit of an in-house joke here. Case in point, this is taken from the Boro forum as late as last night. Even now, Boro fans seem to think that Brighton are joint top only because we've been 'playing mugs' and we'll fold when we play someone decent. As I say...this was posted last night:

2emjvcj.jpg

Apr 5, 2016
Don't be touchy, I was only replying to a post that called us poor, and, like you, I think calling a team with a record like yours/ ours poor is unfair.

Also, during our current run, you have picked up 43 points to our 49, so you have an identical run of points to your first 21 games which is remarkable.

So, to answer you, yes, 6 points is huge.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
We (Boro) went on a run of 9 games without conceding.

Ask any Boro fan you like if we were poor in that run. We were poor, our performances were awful but scraping out clean sheets.

An unbeaten run does not mean you haven't been poor of late.

Ask Brighton fans if they believe they were poor the games leading up to the end of their unbeaten run.

I don't hate Burnley, I don't hate Barton - I do hate your arrogant manager and his "jaw".

But yes, you have been poor. You have benefited from a combination of playing poor teams, poor refereeing and scrappy goals.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't be touchy, I was only replying to a post that called us poor, and, like you, I think calling a team with a record like yours/ ours poor is unfair.

Also, during our current run, you have picked up 43 points to our 49, so you have an identical run of points to your first 21 games which is remarkable.

So, to answer you, yes, 6 points is huge.

Hahaha! Yeah matey. It's huge. If you say so.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
For the record, Boro have picked up 38 in the last 21, that's why they will be the ones to fall away, in my opinion.

It's easy to bend the number of games to determine form in your teams favour.

Most widely used by media and fans is the last 8.

big board.png

This is why Burnley will fall away in my opinion...

Apr 5, 2016
It's easy to bend the number of games to determine form in your teams favour.

Most widely used by media and fans is the last 8.

View attachment 73950

This is why Burnley will fall away in my opinion...

You seem to be as deluded as Karanka. So, our last 8 we have average 2 points per game. 2 games to = 91 points = promotion. That will do for me.

Put it another way, I'd much rather be playing QPR and Charlton than Brum and Brighton. I personally think we will be up next Monday so Charlton won't matter anyway.

Apr 5, 2016
We (Boro) went on a run of 9 games without conceding.

Ask any Boro fan you like if we were poor in that run. We were poor, our performances were awful but scraping out clean sheets.

An unbeaten run does not mean you haven't been poor of late.

Ask Brighton fans if they believe they were poor the games leading up to the end of their unbeaten run.

I don't hate Burnley, I don't hate Barton - I do hate your arrogant manager and his "jaw".

But yes, you have been poor. You have benefited from a combination of playing poor teams, poor refereeing and scrappy goals.

And you've been playing beautiful, attractive, free flowing football? You scraped a win against the poorest side this division has seen in years (Bolton) You lost at relegated Charlton and have relied on last minute goals on numerous occasions.

Brighton will batter you on the last day and you will bottle it, just as you did last season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ok then, it's not huge. But, if we hadn't got them, you and Boro would be promoted already. If you'd got them you would be up now.

So, have it your way, the points weren't huge.
And if you go up by one point more than us then 1 point is huge but that's not what we we were discussing.

You said we had got "nowhere near" your points tally in your 21 unbeaten run. 6 points is not "nowhere near".

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And you've been playing beautiful, attractive, free flowing football? You scraped a win against the poorest side this division has seen in years (Bolton) You lost at relegated Charlton and have relied on last minute goals on numerous occasions.

Brighton will batter you on the last day and you will bottle it, just as you did last season.

go check our recent record vs Boro......that said we owe them for December.....

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

And you were shit against Ipswich yesterday. Admit it, you are feeling the nerves as we are the team in form and we are on your heels.

Apr 5, 2016
And if you go up by one point more than us then 1 point is huge but that's not what we we were discussing.

You said we had got "nowhere near" your points tally in your 21 unbeaten run. 6 points is not "nowhere near".

Buzzer, I'm not really sure where you're going with this. You say it's not we were discussing, but all I was discussing was that a poor team doesn't go on a 21 game unbeaten run. That was all, it was you that started the pissing contest.

I've got nothing but respect for the two amazing runs Brighton have had.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzzer, I'm not really sure where you're going with this. You say it's not we were discussing, but all I was discussing was that a poor team doesn't go on a 21 game unbeaten run. That was all, it was you that started the pissing contest.

I've got nothing but respect for the two amazing runs Brighton have had.
Bloody hell, you're the one bragging about how many points you've acquired in this unbeaten run. I've not made any huge boasts.

And if you can't see the point I'm making when I've stated it 3 or 4 times (clue: it's the bit about Brighton getting nowhere near the points Burnley have got) then I guess stating it another time won't advance our conversation. Your username suits you. Very apt.

Apr 5, 2016
Ok, Buzzer. Your unbeaten run was just as good as ours. We happy now?

Or, our points tally was 'marginally' better than yours?

Take your pick of the above statements and leave me alone now, please.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ok, Buzzer. Your unbeaten run was just as good as ours. We happy now?

Or, our points tally was 'marginally' better than yours?

Take your pick of the above statements and leave me alone now, please.
Dear oh dear, you're a sensitive sort.

A word to the wise, if all you want is affirmation of your own views about Burnley then you'd be better off discussing them on a Burnley forum rather than a Brighton one.

I've not been rude to you in any way and I'd already told you that there was no point continuing the conversation so I'd already finished our discussion but seeing as you're a little bit upset about all this then you have my word, I'll ignore you from hereon in.

Apr 5, 2016
Dear oh dear, you're a sensitive sort.

A word to the wise, if all you want is affirmation of your own views about Burnley then you'd be better off discussing them on a Burnley forum rather than a Brighton one.

I've not been rude to you in any way and I'd already told you that there was no point continuing the conversation so I'd already finished our discussion but seeing as you're a little bit upset about all this then you have my word, I'll ignore you from hereon in.
http://youtu.be/8bHRAYGo0-c

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'sake, you sad man. If you ask someone to leave you alone then the usual thing is for you to stop replying to them. Are you that desperate for the last word?

I'm done. The floor is yours if you want it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here