Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it really a good thing that Boro did not win?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I told people Boro would be the ones to FAIL but nobody listened as USUAL

as I said before always believed it would end up
BURNLEY
ALBION
BORO
#believe
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well I'm definately a Birmingham fan on Friday.

Don't want to kickoff v Derby after Middlesbrough already have 3 more points in the bag.

OK, Birmingham are rubbish but you never know.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've read some shit on here but this probably tops the lot.

You're not wrong, but be prepared for much more to follow.

In scenario hunting this place has gone into shit over drive.

Time for me to stop reading for a while I think because it's beginning to seriously piss me off.

What exactly was complicated about... win our 4 remaining games and we're up FFS!?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I told people Boro would be the ones to FAIL but nobody listened as USUAL

Certainly did not listen to all that shit you came out with yesterday especially as we scored a goal in the time added on because of the Charlton PROTESTS.
If we go up by virtue of one goal it will make you even more of a cretin.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes but there are still posters out there that think that is actually how you spell it.

It is, on hear :lolol: sorry had two do that.. I know what you mean :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely that's not correct. We can only afford to loose against Derby if others loose too.

Nope. Because we're level on points now. If we lose v derby and Boro win against Birmingham, we will be three points behind boro when we face them on the final day. A win would bring us level on points with them. We'd have to win by enough of a margin to over come gd - and remember because we're playing boro, the gd change will be double since as ours goes up, theirs will go down (e.g. if we beat boro 2-0, our's improves by two, their's worsens by 2, giving us a swing of 4), which would allow us to overtake them on the final day.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Another scenario is that Boro and Brighton both win next weekend before Burnley play, they crack under the pressure and lose to QPR then Brighton and Boro just need a draw on the last game of the season against each other to guarantee that both teams go up. :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Actually what I think is a real shame is that Boro and Burnley are not on 94 points now so that we have no pressure on last two games and can concentrate on doing our homework on Sheff Weds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope. Because we're level on points now. If we lose v derby and Boro win against Birmingham, we will be three points behind boro when we face them on the final day. A win would bring us level on points with them. We'd have to win by enough of a margin to over come gd - and remember because we're playing boro, the gd change will be double since as ours goes up, theirs will go down (e.g. if we beat boro 2-0, our's improves by two, their's worsens by 2, giving us a swing of 4), which would allow us to overtake them on the final day.

**** that scenario :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

so we could win at Boro and still stay down(awful).....far too many permutations to consider.....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png

Bollocks to all your permutations
I'm sticking with what I wrote on Twitter before today's game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know that many people totally disagree, but i can't help being really sad about todays results, because the results now mean two things:

1. Brighton can not secure promotion at the last home game against Derby.

But if 'Boro had won we could have secured promotion next week at home to Derby?

OK...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here