Votes: 305 79.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 79 20.6%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I haven’t said it wasn’t a red TBH.
The point I’m making is, if the ref pulled out a red card and not a yellow I doubt we would have this thread.
A video on this thread is showing the ref having a very clear view of the incident.

I know your not, but my point still stands. VAR did a great job today, worked perfectly (at last !)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He knew it was a red, I knew it was a red, Steve Bruce is a strangely red hue, (lay of the pies Steve ffs!) he’ll get a rest vs the Red Devil’s and re-emerge akin to red rum steaming home in the National.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Lascelles should’ve been off in the first half. Var doesn’t fix poor officiating

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lascelles should’ve been off in the first half. Var doesn’t fix poor officiating

No one said it would.
It’s to fix the clear and obvious mistakes or marginal decisions

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
No one said it would.
It’s to fix the clear and obvious mistakes or marginal decisions

Poorly explained by me.

I wasn’t having a dig at VAR. I’m actually in favour overall. However, after his first yellow, Lascelles made 2 late and cynical challenges that warranted yellow cards (both in the first half).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If Bissouma was a Chelsea player he would be a victim of circumstance and his red would be reduced to a sorry we're so silly here at the FA have a free car on us , oh and say hi to Frank for us x .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Biss just tries too hard to hang on to a ball he is not in control of. No intent to hurt/harm/foul, just an intent to keep the ball . . . His mistake was to desperately Keep on keeping on when it was gone.

It's not like he deliberately reversed into a scummy stain and stamped on it

EastWarren

Jan 24, 2015
Brighton
Any time studs are up at face height the decision is going to be red, whether intentional or unintentional. Shame for Bissouma as he'd had another excellent game, and he clearly didn't mean it (and has tweeted to Lewis his apologies and best wishes) but it was reckless and a red under the rules. We'd be screaming if one of ours had been on the receiving end.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure if already covered but had Biss accidentally booted an Albion player in the face would the action still have resulted in a red card...?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I diverge a bit, but one unintended result of not flagging marginal offsides and leaving it to VAR... There were several examples this weekend in ours and other games, where the move ended in a corner for the attacking side. There's no VAR review because there is no goal, but the attacking side has gained an unfair advantage. This is rubbish.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Red,... but not violent conduct, his problem was that he has too much balletic flexibility..... surely can't be punished further for his athletic prowess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Voted red. Surprised to hear Shearer and Murphy say it was a ridiculous decision.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Voted red. Surprised to hear Shearer and Murphy say it was a ridiculous decision.

I'm not surprised to hear ex-Pros come out with ridiculous opinions when it comes to the laws of the game...

Given Shearer's love of an elbow, I would imagine his interpretation of endangering an opponent is a bit different to referees'.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Not sure if already covered but had Biss accidentally booted an Albion player in the face would the action still have resulted in a red card...?
I would say yes. I'm sure a while back there was an off the ball incident / clash of heads between two Newcastle players in a game. They both saw red so I dont think it matters what team, if it is violent conduct

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Day one of the basic refereeing course, describes the three ways to assess a foul. You are asked to assess whether the challenge was:

A. Careless (free kick awarded)
B: Reckless (free kick and yellow card awarded)
C: Endangering an opponent (free kick and red card awarded)

Impossible to argue that Bissouma did NOT 'endanger an opponent'. Clear red card.

I'd be very disappointed for him though, if the incident were recorded as 'violent conduct'. that implies intent, and there was clearly none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here