• Red

Votes: 305 79.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 79 20.6%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If he gave a red to start off with- yes. Not sure what the replay showed him that changed his mind to show a clear error.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure how people can vote yellow TBH, those must be powerful blue-tinted specs

I said "red" as soon as it happened and was surprised to see the yellow. I don't think anyone thinks it was deliberate but under present laws as clear a red as you'll see

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd give it a red but had it been a yellow I'm sure plenty would've understood that too.
Thought the decision to not book Almiron for that dive in our box was a joke though. Even Almiron was sniggering about it.

I agree when Almiron dived it was like he had been taking evening lesson with Zaha! The ref should have definitely yellow carded him.

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
That's the first time I've seen the incident and I think it's a positive that the majority aren't trying to pretend that is anything but a red. I had the impression from comments made that Bissouma was unaware that Lewis was that close to him. He clearly knew he was there and just had a burst of idiocy. Not intentional or malicious but he should have known better. Red and (hopefully) just a one match ban...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Under the rules is clearly a red. How could it be a yellow?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thought it was red but irritated that it was given by VAR after Friend spent about half an hour looking at the screen.

Like others on here, I’m far more concerned about penalty decisions like the ludicrous one given against Lindelof yesterday. That could’ve been a real result changer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think a lot of people would be screaming bloody murder if that was only a yellow with the players flipped. It has to be a red for me, it's clearly reckless to attempt that move with a player that Bissouma knows is there. It's not malicious at all, but certainly dangerous and reckless.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
So what was the offence he was actually sent off for?
Violent conduct or Serious foul play it could only be one of those two
Non of the other 5 sending off offences apply
I guess Mr Friend,after watching the video deemed it serious foul play rather than his first interpretation of the offence which must have been Dangerous play which is a Yellow card offence so they got in his ear
A complete accident Dangerous play the way I saw it and Biss stays on

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Related ....I thought that was the best i’d seen Friend reffing a game that we were involved in.....probably helps my view that we won three nil and that we weren’t playing a ‘big’ club

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure how people can vote yellow TBH, those must be powerful blue-tinted specs

I said "red" as soon as it happened and was surprised to see the yellow. I don't think anyone thinks it was deliberate but under present laws as clear a red as you'll see

You’re not sure how people can vote yellow?

Please tell me why you think the qualified premier league referee also gave a yellow until he was told otherwise?
Maybe this is why some of us that are not qualified premier league referees are also confused :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Definitely a red but hopefully one game ban. My teenage son is still simmering about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You’re not sure how people can vote yellow?

Please tell me why you think the qualified premier league referee also gave a yellow until he was told otherwise?
Maybe this is why some of us that are not qualified premier league referees are also confused :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone posting on here thought it was a yellow after the many replays. It’s a nailed on red ffs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I doubt anyone posting on here thought it was a yellow after the many replays. It’s a nailed on red ffs

I haven’t said it wasn’t a red TBH.
The point I’m making is, if the ref pulled out a red card and not a yellow I doubt we would have this thread.
A video on this thread is showing the ref having a very clear view of the incident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here