Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was forcing Sanchez out the worst decision our club has made in years?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
However he found himself on the bench is kind of irrelevant, it was very specifically reported that Sanchez told RDZ that if he isn’t starting then he didn’t want to be part of the squad. Not exactly the actions of a team player who wants to be with us. And you’re saying blame isn’t with Sanchez? 😅😅

You don't think RDZ decided he didn't want him? He should never have found himself on the bench for that long. Any top quality player would get pissed off in that scenario

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Steele took us to Europe with his passing game that helped tear the likes of Manure apart.

The first team was decimated last summer, by October chickens had come home to rest. We’re a way worse team than last season.

Tonight … Dunk and Lamptey have had defensive shockers, along with RDZ’s blinkered tactics.
What's happened to his passing game? Shocking tonight

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, he turned out to be a dickhead

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
You don't think RDZ decided he didn't want him? He should never have found himself on the bench for that long. Any top quality player would get pissed off in that scenario
RDZ didn’t want a player that acted like that and fair enough. He threw a strop after being benched for like 3 games. Yes top players get annoyed at being on the bench but they fight their way back into the team rather than then refusing to play. What is RDZ supposed to do, never bench Sanchez? Never give anyone else a chance? Give in to his stroppy behaviour?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
In the first 20 minutes the TNT commentary team said they were blitzing us at the back.

Not the first to do it, Emery had a field day in making us look naive idiots.

Dreadful with his feet for weeks though. Barely attempting a short pass and lots of long hopeful and ultimately fruitless clearances. Sanchez could have done that. Sanchez wasnt even bad with his feet!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
RDZ didn’t want a player that acted like that and fair enough. He threw a strop after being benched for like 3 games. Yes top players get annoyed at being on the bench but they fight their way back into the team rather than then refusing to play. What is RDZ supposed to do, never bench Sanchez? Never give anyone else a chance? Give in to his stroppy behaviour?

He was benched for 8 games, got his place back when Steele was injured, played well for 2 games and dropped again. On bench for 4 games, 4th of which we lost 5-1, and RDZ didn't give him a second glance. Come on, it was really clear that RDZ didn't want him regardless.

Let's at least get the facts right

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He was benched for 8 games, got his place back when Steele was injured, played well for 2 games and dropped again. On bench for 4 games, 4th of which we lost 5-1, and RDZ didn't give him a second glance. Come on, it was really clear that RDZ didn't want him regardless.

Let's at least get the facts right
Again, how & when he found himself on the bench is irrelevant. He spent a relatively short amount of the season on the bench and then got moody. Did Sanchez refuse to be part of the squad? Yes. End of discussion really. You want to keep a player that refused to be part of the group?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Proper goalkeeping talent, best young keeper I've ever seen at Brighton, could pull off blinding saves, pluck the ball out of the air, then had a little wobble and was suddenly ostracised.

Apparently not good enough with his feet. Really? I'm watching Steele mess up pass after pass, clearance after clearance tonight, and just thinking - was that decision really worth it?

He was a dickhead, we are well shot of him. Any player that refuses to be on the bench should be shown the door

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Again, how & when he found himself on the bench is irrelevant. He spent a relatively short amount of the season on the bench and then got moody. Did Sanchez refuse to be part of the squad? Yes. End of discussion really. You want to keep a player that refused to be part of the group?

Does it matter? RDZ wasn't playing him if he was nice or if he was moody. The kid was ostracised before his strop and it was a big mistake in my opinion.

Stick Salah on the bench for 12 games and see what he does. Or any player who has played every single game for a couple of years and doesn't deserve to be dropped in the first place.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's an interesting definition of "forcing out". But if we're gonna use it then no, "forcing out" Caicedo, MacAllister, Bissouma or Ben White was worse

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
So if we put Mitoma on the bench for half a season and he gets annoyed he should be shown the door? Or Pedro? Or Dunk? Wouldn't have much of a team left.

All those players are genuine quality, Sanchez wasn’t, hence him being dropped by Albion and now Chelsea

Replacing Murray with CMS remains the biggest f*** up the club have made in the last half century

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Proper goalkeeping talent, best young keeper I've ever seen at Brighton, could pull off blinding saves, pluck the ball out of the air, then had a little wobble and was suddenly ostracised.

Apparently not good enough with his feet. Really? I'm watching Steele mess up pass after pass, clearance after clearance tonight, and just thinking - was that decision really worth it?
Rewriting history again ..................troll

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Clearly you haven't seen Verbruggen as he's a much better, and younger talent than Sanchez was.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m wondering if it’s happening again with Bart, his recent performances haven’t warranted him getting dropped and he’s on the bench watching Steele make mistake after mistake. Wouldn’t blame the lad for having a moan.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Why can’t you get behind the Brighton goalkeeper rather than the Chelsea one ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here