Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was forcing Sanchez out the worst decision our club has made in years?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Nope

good shot-stopper.
But really didn't show the desire to push forward to reach his full potentiial.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’m wondering if it’s happening again with Bart, his recent performances haven’t warranted him getting dropped and he’s on the bench watching Steele make mistake after mistake. Wouldn’t blame the lad for having a moan.

Steele was left exposed for every goal tonight. He also pulled off a blinding save early in the game. Having said that I would not be unhappy to see Bart in goal on Sunday.

Sanchez? He can just f*** off

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Proper goalkeeping talent, best young keeper I've ever seen at Brighton, could pull off blinding saves, pluck the ball out of the air, then had a little wobble and was suddenly ostracised.

Apparently not good enough with his feet. Really? I'm watching Steele mess up pass after pass, clearance after clearance tonight, and just thinking - was that decision really worth it?
Forced himself out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see we've got the escape Goat decided, then. Bloody Steele giving the ball away to Lukaku and failing to score all those chances...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He was benched for 8 games, got his place back when Steele was injured, played well for 2 games and dropped again. On bench for 4 games, 4th of which we lost 5-1, and RDZ didn't give him a second glance. Come on, it was really clear that RDZ didn't want him regardless.

Let's at least get the facts right
Spot on. In 210 minutes of football against Chelsea and Man U he conceded one goal - a huge deflection. If you get dropped after that and not reinstated when your understudy concedes 5 from 5 shots on target, you’re know you’re already out the door.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Alright, I lose, I'm going to bed. Totally stand by my comments here, Sanchez was a fantastic talent who was ostracised by RDZ and I can't blame him for wanting to leave. But by God we could have done with him tonight. But you lot don't agree and that's fine. Night night.
You know who I'd rather have tonight than Sanchez? Verbruggen.

The bigger question is why he isn't being started in the biggest game of the season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Alright, I lose, I'm going to bed. Totally stand by my comments here, Sanchez was a fantastic talent who was ostracised by RDZ and I can't blame him for wanting to leave. But by God we could have done with him tonight. But you lot don't agree and that's fine. Night night.
I think there’s two separate points that are being argued here. You’re right in saying Sanchez was a decent keeper, everyone can agree that I think, but he certainly did also have a mistake in him. These occasional mistakes lead to some time on the bench for him, after which he refused to play. This lead to RDZ & the club saying that it’s best he goes elsewhere then. Was he a good keeper? Yes but not perfect. Did the club UNFAIRLY push him out? No, he brought that on himself, which is my argument towards your points at the start of this thread.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Arrogance is our downfall.

Not replacing Caisaido and Mac as we got away with not replacing Bissouma was baffling.

Not going into the market in January when it was clear we needed reinforcements is costing us.

Forcing a good keeper out for someone who'd struggle to get into a Championship team was a mistake, but having a Dutch international warm the bench is a bigger mistake. The keeper situation is on RDZ and I don't care how good he is with his feet, he's utter gash with his hands.
Honest question, how do you replace WC winning AMac and Caicedo?

Reactions: cjd

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Proper goalkeeping talent, best young keeper I've ever seen at Brighton, could pull off blinding saves, pluck the ball out of the air, then had a little wobble and was suddenly ostracised.

Apparently not good enough with his feet. Really? I'm watching Steele mess up pass after pass, clearance after clearance tonight, and just thinking - was that decision really worth it?
What. A. Cock.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I do think that that your next thread, 'Brexit may have been a good idea after all' will get a better reaction :lolol:

I assume he's having a similar paddy at Chelsea, albeit taking far more money out of the club weekly, at being on the bench. I wonder what will happen when he inevitably becomes third choice (obviously back the keeper 'team' like he did here) :facepalm:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m wondering if it’s happening again with Bart, his recent performances haven’t warranted him getting dropped and he’s on the bench watching Steele make mistake after mistake. Wouldn’t blame the lad for having a moan.
If I were him I’d be looking for a new club tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here