Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning: persistent anti-social behaviour

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What changed last night? Not having a go, just curious.

Nothing changed last night, but as per the second post on this thread, the moderators had a day-long conversation on WhatsApp on the state of the board and the disquiet that tends to originate from the posts that come from a small handful of people on here and what, if anything, we should do.

A majority view was broadly "they've had enough chances, they add nothing, they never get involved in football discussions, ban them for good" although that wasn't it exclusively and to be honest, that's where I was too.

However, because I'm soft, naive, believe that most people are fundamentally good and don't run a messageboard in order to stop people posting messages, I decided to re-iterate the opening post and indicate that this really is the last chance saloon for some of the behaviour exhbiited.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think quite a lot of us fall into a third camp - those that post here when times are good or bad are decent rivals to have. Just as I'd rather have a beer and chat with a Palace fan in a pub than some southern Manure fan. If Palace do well and someone like Mr Putdown or loz (I think, apologies if I've got that wrong) want to gloat, then fair play. It's just the ones who only turn up to take the piss when we're doing badly that do nothing to benefit this forum. All they do is the things you're opening post says you won't tolerate.

Personally I don't think an away end or similar is needed, just more stringent rules on what sort of Palace fans should be allowed here. No, not only ones that sit there and take a beating, but ones that can at least take it a bit if they're going to dish it out.

All valid, but what you seem to be asking us to do is play the man and not the ball.

It's saying "If you're one of the good guys, you can get away with posting shit but if you're one of the bad guys you can't get away with the same".

Everyone's decision on who is a "good guy allowed to post shit" and who isn't will differ slightly, and I know for a fact that there will be some who would lump your chosen "Palace good guys" in with your "Palace bad guys" and don't want to see posts from any of them. They want NSC to be an an Albion-exclusive safe haven.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never understood why people get so wound up over stuff posted on an internet forum. Maybe I'm just too laid back or too old, but if I see something I don't like, I ignore it and move on to the next thread. I just can't be bothered getting into a, usually pointless, row with someone I don't know on a football forum. Some threads I don't even bother opening as I know within a few posts it will have turned into a binfest.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All valid, but what you seem to be asking us to do is play the man and not the ball.

It's saying "If you're one of the good guys, you can get away with posting shit but if you're one of the bad guys you can't get away with the same".
It's much like the two posters this thread is about. You're saying that they've had enough chances, and they don't contribute to the football part of the forum, so when they next troll they'll be banned. For clarity, I don't disagree with you, but you are also playing the man and not the ball. And with justification I know.

But if the rules were as I'm suggesting, posters like Dougie would be free to continue, so long as they don't only post when they're on top. Just as you don't want posters to only post their extreme political views and you'd have more empathy if they also contributed to football threads.

Everyone's decision on who is a "good guy allowed to post shit" and who isn't will differ slightly, and I know for a fact that there will be some who would lump your chosen "Palace good guys" in with your "Palace bad guys" and don't want to see posts from any of them. They want NSC to be an an Albion-exclusive safe haven.
I'm not on here enough to really know which ones are good and bad any more, but I'm sure you know which ones are decent people (despite supporting the worst team) and which ones are just here to troll.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never understood why people get so wound up over stuff posted on an internet forum. Maybe I'm just too laid back or too old, but if I see something I don't like, I ignore it and move on to the next thread. I just can't be bothered getting into a, usually pointless, row with someone I don't know on football forum. Some threads I don't even bother opening as I know within a few posts it will have turned into a binfest.
**** off, no one gives a **** what you think you ****ing ****.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just kidding [MENTION=82]pasty[/MENTION], in case that wasn't clear :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Love a good :flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce:

You're clearly not looking after the revenue stream.

More 'Mustafa millions' leaving.

Judging by the time of the :bounce: I can only assume we're in this mess now because the Mod Meat Up ran out of prostitutes and cocaines much earlier than usual.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
You're clearly not looking after the revenue stream.

More 'Mustafa millions' leaving.

I'm convinced this current global economic slowdown is entirely due to the exit of Mustafa from NSC. It may also have been the final straw for Putin, although I am less sure of this.

Hold on. Was Mustafa actually Putin's NSC username? It all makes sense now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm convinced this current global economic slowdown is entirely due to the exit of Mustafa from NSC. It may also have been the final straw for Putin, although I am less sure of this.

Hold on. Was Mustafa actually Putin's NSC username? It all makes sense now.

Moo-Ma Stat keeps talking about t'internet and broadband.
(Then forgetting and starting over again)

If anything is going to bring down humanity and the death of Earth as we know it, it'll be Mother with the capacity to buy Waitrose on line.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Never understood why people get so wound up over stuff posted on an internet forum. Maybe I'm just too laid back or too old, but if I see something I don't like, I ignore it and move on to the next thread. I just can't be bothered getting into a, usually pointless, row with someone I don't know on football forum. Some threads I don't even bother opening as I know within a few posts it will have turned into a binfest.

This is where I'm at, I do not let any of the wind up merchants get to me, life is too short and for me their opinions are simply not worth getting worked up over and I am probably not going to change their views so why waste my time.

But on reflection I say.... :ban: Him, :ban: Her, :ban: Them :ban: Everyone !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Judging by the time of the :bounce: I can only assume we're in this mess now because the Mod Meat Up ran out of prostitutes and cocaines much earlier than usual.

I'm pleased you got home safely - I was a bit worried.

You'll hear in the next 7-10 days if you passed the audition.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Love a good :flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce:

I do love it when that emoji pops up - I recall having a flounce once on here and someone pointed out that I had done it - I totally agreed with their summation and didn't like what I saw in myself when I did it - Most definitely isn't a good look. So now I just put my point across and if I don't get any decent traction I just let it go. Can't be bothered with the hassle - I also never report anyone. People are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't personally offend anyone else. I am never gonna agree with everyone and so I quite like the diversity of posters on NSC

There was only one poster on here that I really found offensive and he is gone ( I think banned ) - So all in all I find it a very good Board to post on and be involved in - The variety of topics discussed makes it one of the few Boards that I really enjoy the discussions on.

Please don't let this post stop anyone ''flouncing'' and keep the Flounce emoji's coming '' :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do love it when that emoji pops up - I recall having a flounce once on here and someone pointed out that I had done it - I totally agreed with their summation and didn't like what I saw in myself when I did it - Most definitely isn't a good look. So now I just put my point across and if I don't get any decent traction I just let it go. Can't be bothered with the hassle - I also never report anyone. People are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't personally offend anyone else. I am never gonna agree with everyone and so I quite like the diversity of posters on NSC

There was only one poster on here that I really found offensive and he is gone ( I think banned ) - So all in all I find it a very good Board to post on and be involved in - The variety of topics discussed makes it one of the few Boards that I really enjoy the discussions on.

Please don't let this post stop anyone ''flouncing'' and keep the Flounce emoji's coming '' :)

To be fair this is only a 2/10 compared to Mustafa but the day is young.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's been accused of having a homophobic signature, he hasn't (or at least hadn't) denied it or removed it, so he posts here with people believing he's being homophobic. In terms of where should the line be drawn, who else is doing something like that? If a poster here is shown to be being racist elsewhere and offers no denial or explanation, I'd be quite happy for them to be removed too. Why would we want people who are being racist or homophobic etc to be posting here?

That's be like an 'internet banning order' though - we know there are other posters on here that put/look at far worse stuff in the darker corners of the web they infest with their shite (we know they occasionally try to bring it on here - you've seen it so I'm not going to name them - hence this thread) but from my perspective moderation on here should only be in relation to what gets posted on here. If Dougie or anyone else posts anything homophobic on NSC then they deserved to get flamed and perma-banned, but not where someone has brought in something from outside to cause a reaction.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Completely agree, and this is where I'm at with the Palace fans in question - just can't understand how people get so upset by a couple of trolling comments every now and then, it's all part of football to wind up your rivals. If they were posting on every available thread, or starting numerous new threads it would be different, and other opposition fans have been banned for similar in the past. But the odd comment after we lose? Just roll your eyes, laugh it off and scroll past it.

However, when interesting threads get derailed by a couple of posters continuously pushing their agenda, leading to long arguments about different issues, that's when it gets annoying as it stops me from being able to read/contribute to the original subject that I was interested in.

So in true licker fashion, I'm completely behind the Mods on this one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pleased you got home safely - I was a bit worried.

You'll hear in the next 7-10 days if you passed the audition.
The squalor and depravity was fine, I was expecting that.

But where did you even get a live halibut from, let alone one that would let you do that too it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here