Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning: persistent anti-social behaviour

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I think the Bear Pit serves a useful purpose. We continue to have robust debate on the Big Board but as soon as posts become a continuation of personal vendetta then it’s off to the Bear Pit. Seems to work well. Like most people I don’t open Bear Pit threads so people who cannot play nicely lose their audience. All good.

It's a problem when long running threads get moved, though, as it's possible to find yourself in the Bear Pit without knowing that's where you are. Happened to me one day: loaded up NSC, saw I had Thumbs / Replies in a thread I'd been active in the day before. Clicked through from the notifications and replied to a reply I'd had, wasn't until I got a further reply back telling me it was in the Pit that I found out it had been Pitted.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I never understand that attitude, it seems childish.

Take a five, have a nice cuppa tea, breath and don't let them spoil your day or life.
Easy said than done sometimes, but take five mate.

Good advice

Pleased to hear it :thumbsup:

The realisation that you would have been joining a gang of three where the other two members were Mustafa and Hove Born and Inbred had no bearing on your decision whatsoever :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He is still around somewhere, under different name... just like Vagabond and everyone else.

Vagabond literally quit. He or she wasn't banned and didn't do the "delete my posts" thing and can come back whenever he or she likes.

On the other hand, if you flounce and ask for a full deletion that is because you want the removal of your personal data under GDPR so it makes no sense at all to put Bozza to that trouble and then come back under another name, For me that's a full banning offence.

Leave or don't leave but don't be a cock about it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Vagabond is still about, at least according to the last activity date on their user page.

That they've not posted since their decision to call it a day is pretty impressive to me.

I think I've done a mini-flounce before and pretty sure I was largely, and rightly, met with "who are you?"

These days I'm doing my best not to get involved but some posts do get me to bite. I can't help it - I like an argument sometimes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My favourite is The Large One’s parting shot, something along the lines of “ That’s it, TLO is outta here” Can’t remember what it was about though.:lolol:

A certain Dutch keeper's testimonial if I remember rightly.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I don't mind them, at least they're open about it and wisely aren't too gobby.

It's the liars who support CP but pretend to be Albion, who should always be kicked out a.s.a.p.

When I first posted on here i was jumped on by a bunch who called me palarse, told me to s%d off to some Croydon message board and were unpleasant, even by our Scandinavian replacement for the bloke in New York .
I can prove my Albion credentials with a question that most on here will not be able to answer. Only true North Stand boys would get it correct.

Be careful people when you accuse people of being palarse scum .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I first posted on here i was jumped on by a bunch who called me palarse, told me to s%d off to some Croydon message board and were unpleasant, even by our Scandinavian replacement for the bloke in New York .
I can prove my Albion credentials with a question that most on here will not be able to answer. Only true North Stand boys would get it correct.

Go on then, what’s the question?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Go on then, what’s the question?
Is Zaha an overrated whinging diving cheat?

Palace fans know the answer they're supposed to give, but they can't bring themselves to admit it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I had a mind a long standing, sporadic poster, who pops up shite stirring about the Albion and Bloom. Admits he's not Albion, says he's not Palace.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you can't take a bit of banter from other team's supporters I guess fan boards are not for you. Every fan board I have visited has other team's supporters on it. Some have specific places for them to post. We are getting a little precious if it worries us.

Just in case you think I'm one, I started supporting Brighton when I came here to university in 1968. I am now 72 and retired.

You have to go careful with the b word, it is up their with the very offendable words nowadays on here.

The action of b**ter, on certain subjects is not allowed, but in a reversal of the subject it is open house.

So Albion b**tering the palace:thumbsup:
Palace b**tering the Albion.:rant:

Left b**tering the right:thumbsup:
Right b**tering the Left, Nsc prison.:wrong:

Mod b**tering simpleton:thumbsup:
Simpleton b**tering a mod :shootself

Simple really.:lol:

Jan 30, 2008
You have to go careful with the b word, it is up their with the very offendable words nowadays on here.

The action of b**ter, on certain subjects is not allowed, but in a reversal of the subject it is open house.

:cool:

Regards
DF

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't know why the mods don't just import HWTs ignore list and ban everyone on that, it would trim the board down to about a two dozen posters and make the mods' life much easier.

Problem solved.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know why the mods don't just import HWTs ignore list and ban everyone on that, it would trim the board down to about a two dozen posters and make the mods' life much easier.

Problem solved.

They’d still be kept busy with HWT arguing with himself :lolol: he’d eventually put himself on ignore though

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

Ooo ooo, I know this one. Is the missing word butter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here