Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward signs for Burnley

Ward: "I don’t think I could have picked a better place than Turf Moor."
Nobody else disappointed by that comment?

The telling part is the " I don't think ". He could have said " I couldn't have picked a better place etc ". What he should have said if he was being honest was " They are paying me the most money I could obtain ".

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Good luck to him, he served us well. So we have now lost our Leading scorer, Player of the year & runner up and a very good Keeper (Although replaced). not good is it even for us optimists.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck to him, he served us well. So we have now lost our Leading scorer, Player of the year & runner up and a very good Keeper (Although replaced). not good is it even for us optimists.

If Kuszczak was that brilliant last season why is he training with Oldham at the moment ? Football players are like cats , they'll always stray to find a better bowl of cat food elsewhere and you often wont see them again.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If Kuszczak was that brilliant last season why is he training with Oldham at the moment ? Football players are like cats , they'll always stray to find a better bowl of cat food elsewhere and you often wont see them again.

Hope you've now trained your lot to use a litter tray :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Burnley are building a squad to be able to go straight back up in 15/16 season. They have not signed one player who will make even a dent in the Premiership.
I hope their fans enjoy their season of being battered each week.

Brighton are building a squad to be able to go straight back up in 15/16 season. They have not signed one player who will make even a dent in the Championship.
I hope their fans enjoy their season of being battered each week.

Not too dissimilar, yet they get a crack in the top flight, meanwhile we flounder about stroking ourselves because we've got padded seats and locally made ale. It's football, I know which I'd prefer to see.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Can I just say that Ward COULD have become a legend if he had chosen us, we're not shy of recognising effort and ability. Now he will drift in to being a Burnley squad player who may pop up in a pub quiz.

He won't be invited back to the Amex for a half time interview with Richie Reynolds that's for sure.

Hey Wardy....waddayafink of that eh?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I assume he has transferred to Burnley to join their "Bomb Squad"...
No pace and offers little going forward.
Was only any good from set pieces when he was in the box.
Not worth the fee or the wages he wanted.

Did you watch us at all last season? Unquestionably of our best players and would have been a great signing for us. Funny how he suddenly becomes pants when he signs for someone else.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't blame him for not chosing us and I hope he does well. Looking forward to how he and Barnes does in the Prem.

What does concern me is that we didn't force Ward's hand earlier by making a final offer weeks before our season started. We should have made a final offer to him and given him 48 hours to decide, and then withdraw our offer if it wasn't taken, just so we could have put this to bed and focused our time and attention elsewhere.

Before anyone mentions hindsight, it is more about the club not using foresight. If something isn’t certain to happen you have to put your cards on the table and make it not happen sooner.

Burnley got it spot on and did the business two days before the Prem kicks off, ours kicked off last week.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't blame him for not chosing us and I hope he does well. Looking forward to how he and Barnes does in the Prem.

What does concern me is that we didn't force Ward's hand earlier by making a final offer weeks before our season started. We should have made a final offer to him and given him 48 hours to decide, and then withdraw our offer if it wasn't taken, just so we could have put this to bed and focused our time and attention elsewhere.

Before anyone mentions hindsight, it is more about the club not using foresight. If something isn’t certain to happen you have to put your cards on the table and make it not happen sooner.

Burnley got it spot on and did the business two days before the Prem kicks off, ours kicked off last week.
Spot on Sym. But then I said this week's ago. Promptly shot down for daring to criticize our player recruitment 'strategy'. Humble pie for TLO and his fellow club apologists.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Spot on Sym. But then I said this week's ago. Promptly shot down for daring to criticize our player recruitment 'strategy'. Humble pie for TLO and his fellow club apologists.

The way we handled this was like we took it for granted that we were the only club after him, when this is hardly ever the case regarding interest in a player. It's almost like we had a false sense of security that Ward, in the end, would have no choice.

We seem a little naive in how the system works, when all other clubs and agents are having fun dangling the carrot in front of us.

I just hope the club learns from the last two transfer windows, question their own strategy, and adapt it to the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here