Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wankers at the station

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Completely agree. Just watched Ronald's video - tedious, embarrassing stuff. I imagine the same fans who are chanting "you run from the Albion" as they screamed for the police to protect them are the same fans who climbed the fences at Marseille knowing full well there was zero chance of anyone coming for them. Not only is it ridiculous testosterone and alcohol driven nonsense, it's also as cowardly as it comes.
Take the metal barriers and the OB out of that video and 98% of the 'ardnuts' are doing a runner.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The Argus with its finger on the pulse once more, scanning social media and getting a tweet that was first posted on here about 5 minutes after it kicked off.

Of other interest, this line made me LOL

"One fan claimed that as many as “150 yobs” were involved in the clashes"

Presumably a fan going by the name of Mr Magoo or Billy Bullshit.

And as for the comments:

"Almond Muggs1 hr ago

User ID: 4812090
As usual. Disband the club, reuse the stadium for normal people's benefit."

:wozza:

:wrong: :lolol:

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 84

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wasn't really handbags or spotty youths but cops dealt with it quickly.
View attachment 168723
Interesting, just seen this on Twitter. We were further back in the queue than this vid was taken from. From our perspective it looked like the blokes on the right of this video were calling the police and a load of them turned up late, as you can see here. However, what I only saw today on Ronald’s full video is there were also plenty of police in the station dealing with the rug throwing.

What none of them show is a few Ajax joining the back of the queue and kicking off from there.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I'm confused by some of the attitudes on here. Ajax fans instigated the trouble, Brighton fans did absolutely nothing to provoke them. Why is the bulk of the criticism towards our own fans who did very little wrong? There were barriers and police in between both sets of fans so complaining about 'hold me back' merchants amongst Brighton fans is weird. What's the appropriate response to being confronted by 50 pissed/coked up hooligans? Standing quietly with your hands in your pockets? I don't think there's anything particularly embarrassing about a bit of gesturing and shouting back at them. Oh yeah and some of our fans threw back the stuff that Ajax fans threw in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder why our home atmosphere is so constantly dogshit but then I read threads like this, where people get so bent out of shape by football fans behaving like football fans.
Admittedly though, that 'ran from the Brighton' song is genuinely embarrassing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Main headline on Meridian news……..dramatised to hell (all they had was our Ronald’s film)……..but…….no-one injured, two arrests one of which was later ‘unarrested’ (their word not mine). Poor old PPF must have almost reached the point of no return watching that, and then left to finish off by finding some 1980s hoolies on youtube.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm confused by some of the attitudes on here. Ajax fans instigated the trouble, Brighton fans did absolutely nothing to provoke them. Why is the bulk of the criticism towards our own fans who did very little wrong? There were barriers and police in between both sets of fans so complaining about 'hold me back' merchants amongst Brighton fans is weird. What's the appropriate response to being confronted by 50 pissed/coked up hooligans? Standing quietly with your hands in your pockets? I don't think there's anything particularly embarrassing about a bit of gesturing and shouting back at them. Oh yeah and some of our fans threw back the stuff that Ajax fans threw in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder why our home atmosphere is so constantly dogshit but then I read threads like this, where people get so bent out of shape by football fans behaving like football fans.
Admittedly though, that 'ran from the Brighton' song is genuinely embarrassing.
You are absolutely correct, and this was an Ajax mob threatening the regular queue of Albion fans waiting to get a train. Some Albion fans responded but they weren't out looking for a fight...

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Interesting, just seen this on Twitter. We were further back in the queue than this vid was taken from. From our perspective it looked like the blokes on the right of this video were calling the police and a load of them turned up late, as you can see here. However, what I only saw today on Ronald’s full video is there were also plenty of police in the station dealing with the rug throwing.

What none of them show is a few Ajax joining the back of the queue and kicking off from there.

Watch the blonde haired kid who walks in from the back pulls his hood up he’s the mat luzzer

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not “behaving like football fans”. Behaving like dickheads.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s a shame PPF got banned. He’d have been onto his third box of Kleenex by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here