• stockdale

Votes: 54 25.6%
  • walton

Votes: 157 74.4%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
His decision making is very poor. For their first goal it was almost as if he was bored and wanted some action. He should be dropped after today's performance

He should be dropped after one mistake in months, when they would probably have scored if he'd stayed on his line. Pathetic opinion

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If you ever want an example of how moronic football fans are, this poll is the perfect example. Stockdale has been one of our best players the last few months and has barely made an error. As Hans Kraay says he probably wouldn't have got to the goal anyway.

Throwing a young goalkeeper in to a relegation battle is not a good idea anyway. I'm hopeful that Hughton has a lot more sense than the stupid fans we seem to have!

stupid fans? Stockdale has to take the blame. You're the stupid one if you think otherwise... see you at Cardiff and Sheffield,... oh I doubt it. MUG

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What absolute rubbish from a Stockdale apologist. Had he come he MIGHT have saved it. Had he stayed he MIGHT have saved it. Dithering about and not making a decision meant that he couldnt possibly save it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the other two but not the first that was a terrible mistake which killed us having taken the lead just before HT.

What a surprise from someone who's opinion everyone mocks and is anti Stockdale. Bet you're loving this. The first goal hit the post and went in. He probably wouldn't have saved it. The other goals were definitely not his fault.

Also, when you say apologist, do you mean supporter? As in supports the team?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
stupid fans? Stockdale has to take the blame. You're the stupid one if you think otherwise... see you at Cardiff and Sheffield,... oh I doubt it. MUG

Sorry so you're saying I'm not going to other games because I support the players. Off view. I'll be at Cardiff but not Sheffield but thanks for asking

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a surprise from someone who's opinion everyone mocks and is anti Stockdale. Bet you're loving this. The first goal hit the post and went in. He probably wouldn't have saved it. The other goals were definitely not his fault.

I support the team and have been impressed with DS recent improvement and said so on here but some can see no wrong in him at all. There is no denying he was at fault today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I support the team and have been impressed with DS recent improvement and said so on here but some can see no wrong in him at all. There is no denying he was at fault today. I do not think that CH would even consider dropping him at the moment and
I hope that he forgets it and plays a blinder on Tuesday to avenge the mistake he made with Kenwynne Jones goal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale was at fault for the 1st goal. End of! And it was a poor time to concede

No, it's not end of. Others were at fault too and he probably wouldn't have got there anyway.

Ignoring this, the thread is about potentially dropping Stockdale so previous form is relevant. Also, you questioned me saying he had not made an error for a few months so I assumed you had a long list of errors.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Normally I am of the opinion that you shouldn't stick with an underperforming keeper for too long because when their confidence is shot they just get worse. However, being in a relegation fight - That's not the best time to bring in a young keeper because they tend to make a few errors while they are building their own confidence, So I would stick with Stockdale.

Hughton will stick with him as well. I recall when he was with Martin Jol at Spurs they stuck with Paul Robinson when he was going through a bad patch so that's what makes me think he will stick with Stockdale as well

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No, it's not end of. Others were at fault too and he probably wouldn't have got there anyway.

Ignoring this, the thread is about potentially dropping Stockdale so previous form is relevant. Also, you questioned me saying he had not made an error for a few months so I assumed you had a long list of errors.

Blackpool last week... but you probably wasn't there so didn't see it......

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Blackpool last week... but you probably wasn't there so didn't see it......

I saw it. As I said proper mistakes, not made up ones to back your anti Stockdale agenda.

As I said earlier, I'm still intrigued how supporting the players on here makes you think I don't go to games. An answer would be helpful.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He should be dropped after one mistake in months, when they would probably have scored if he'd stayed on his line. Pathetic opinion

I make that 2 mistakes in 2 weeks. And the goal was a weak header that any decent keeper would've been disappointed not to save if he'd been in the right place.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I saw it. As I said proper mistakes, not made up ones to back your anti Stockdale agenda.

As I said earlier, I'm still intrigued how supporting the players on here makes you think I don't go to games. An answer would be helpful.

Watch it on telly again.... then tell me I'm wrong.... I'm not anti Stockdale but you are blinkered or don't go to many games.... btw ive missed 1 all season...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I make that 2 mistakes in 2 weeks. And the goal was a weak header that any decent keeper would've been disappointed not to save if he'd been in the right place.

It went in off the post. He probably wouldn't have got it whatever you think. The Blackpool goal wasn't his fault unless you have an anti Stockdale agenda. We have crap fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here