• stockdale

Votes: 54 25.6%
  • walton

Votes: 157 74.4%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stockdale has been costing us all season. He's just not very good.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No idea whether Walton is ready to be first voice week in week out, but I know Stockdale isn't

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was ince foul for the 2nd goal not tex & it could well have been a pen

Stockdale is decent in the air, safe hands, good with his feet but flat footed & unspectacular. He does routine stuff/ saves etc well but I can think of only a couple of times he's pulled off something of quality

Sorry you're right. Tex's stupid foul led to their first.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Stockdale has been costing us all season. He's just not very good.

what about the times that he has saved us too? he lets a sloppy goal in and everyone is out to get him. Plus it can't be easy being a goal keeper with a defence like ours at the moment. Bruno can't tackle, Greer is too slow and Bennett is more interested in getting forward.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Christian Walton, without a shadow of a doubt. Stockdale has been very poor all season, and a disappointing signing in general.

Today is the straw to break my back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Stockdale was badly ar fault for the 1st goal and should have done better for the other 2 but in his defence the defence to day was poor Bruno, Greer Bennett all had poor games as did. Calderon. We will live to rue the fact that we didnt sign a right sided player during January and have to rely on another loan after Tuesday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I got some shit a few weeks ago for saying "Stockdale, I'm not convinced"

......Stockdale, I'm still not convinced.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we talking about the same Stockdale that saved us:-
3 points v Fulham.
3 points v Charlton.
Got us a 4th round FA cup match.

As poor as he was at the start of the season, I was feeling quite positive towards Stockdale, over the last couple of months.

Sure he had a shocking game today, but the team do (and certainly did today) concede as a team.
DS was let down today, and then made that worse himself.

I don't think now is the time to pull him for a 'kid'.
What's the point in scaring Walton by having to play behind Greer.

The whole team need to defend better, before CW gets his abilities and composure tested.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
3 points v Fulham.
3 points v Charlton.

As poor as he was at the start of the season, I was feeling quite positive towards Stockdale, over the last couple of months.

Sure he had a shocking game today, but the team do (and certainly did today) concede as a team.

The whole team need to defend better, before CW gets his abilities and composure tested.

He's hardly going to be shit for 90 minutes Every game is he, get real ffs.

Overall though , taking in every minute he's played, he's been disappointing to say the least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3 points v Fulham.
3 points v Charlton.

Arguably at fault at Blackpool. 100% responsible for the 1st goal today. Either come or stay don't change your mind halfway to the ball. He has had some decent games but he has cost us way too many points over the season. Time for a rest.

We have been as mugged at 1 million for him as we were for CMS, neither are worth anywhere near what we paid for them. Unfortunately they are two of our bigger signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's hardly going to be shit for 90 minutes Every game is he, get real ffs.

Overall though , taking in every minute he's played, he's been disappointing to say the least.
I'm not doing my usual contrarian for Stockdale's sake.
Without changing those in front and giving them a game or 2 to settle I think it would be madness to draft Walton in now.

Plus as disappointing as DS was, over the last couple of months, he has been one of our better players.
Today he resorted back to the start of the season, pooh happens.
Changing for Tuesday won't help either 'keeper.

In an ideal world we'd see out March with the likes of Walton and Rea, although that would seem increasingly unlikely.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think Walton should be given time as he is our future and Stockdale just doesn't seem able to make the important saves

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
His decision making is very poor. For their first goal it was almost as if he was bored and wanted some action. He should be dropped after today's performance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For the first Forest goal, nobody seems bothered that Collins was given a completely free header from 8 yards.

Having set off, Stockdale should have kept coming, but I don't think he'd have got there. Had he stayed on his line, and dived for it, it would have LOOKED better, but he still wouldn't have saved it. The ball went in off the post. No keeper was saving it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
For the first Forest goal, nobody seems bothered that Collins was given a completely free header from 8 yards.

Having set off, Stockdale should have kept coming, but I don't think he'd have got there. Had he stayed on his line, and dived for it, it would have LOOKED better, but he still wouldn't have saved it. The ball went in off the post. No keeper was saving it.

Not easy to say. He has to make his mind up though. He was poor and there is no denying it

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If you ever want an example of how moronic football fans are, this poll is the perfect example. Stockdale has been one of our best players the last few months and has barely made an error. As Hans Kraay says he probably wouldn't have got to the goal anyway.

Throwing a young goalkeeper in to a relegation battle is not a good idea anyway. I'm hopeful that Hughton has a lot more sense than the stupid fans we seem to have!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

What absolute rubbish from a Stockdale apologist. Had he come he MIGHT have saved it. Had he stayed he MIGHT have saved it. Dithering about and not making a decision meant that he couldnt possibly save it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the other two but not the first that was a terrible mistake which killed us having taken the lead just before HT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here