Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales v England

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
well that was a bit pathetic.

i completely blame ben youngs for the first try! instead of whining that the welsh were offside, he should have jumped on the loose ball to secure it. Typical wimp scrum half! and it all went wrong from there.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
There's something about playing the English that fires them up. They never play like that against NZ, not won against them for 60 years and 25 defeats in a row.

Spot on, except at Twickenham, where we usually get revenge.

The young England team at the moment lack the natural leaders and hard men that were Johnson, Dellaglio, Back, Hill .... who were up for any fight home or away; and the sublime guile of Greenwood, Catt, Guscott.

Those England teams racked up wins in Cardiff and other away grounds.

Hopefully that will come in time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can't just rock up at a top class sporting event as technically outclassed as England were tonight.

Off to the Apple Store they go.

I hope that's not gonna be the story at the Amex tomorrow :down:

Keeping my positive hat on for that one too...although if the ref is as down on us as the one today was against England we could be in trouble. Knowing who the ref is tomorrow, he just might be.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That was a bit of a rugby score wasn't it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Marvellous scenes. I think I'll be wearing my Welsh rugby shirt tomorrow. Awesome performance today

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Deserved to lose but Christ that ref couldnt wait to penalise England at every opportunity whilst allowing the welsh to be off side, tackle players off the ball, pull down the scrum and generally be welsh.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Pointless blaming the ref when you've been done like that, but he didn't help. Great performance from the welsh, as J Davies said, This England team is a few years behind the welsh, the front row was literally men against boys, but the future for England is very very bright. Learn from it and move on....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pointless blaming the ref when you've been done like that, but he didn't help. Great performance from the welsh, as J Davies said, This England team is a few years behind the welsh, the front row was literally men against boys, but the future for England is very very bright. Learn from it and move on....

Sums it up nicely

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Not a great lover of rugby due to scrums that are pointless, boring and time sapping
However that first half today was superb, proper crash bang sport and one of thes best halves have witnessed in a 6 nations game
2nd half was shite mainly down to the pointless scums again which I can't see for the life of me are still part of the game

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Not a great lover of rugby due to scrums that are pointless, boring and time sapping
However that first half today was superb, proper crash bang sport and one of thes best halves have witnessed in a 6 nations game
2nd half was shite mainly down to the pointless scums again which I can't see for the life of me are still part of the game

because they are a quick, effective way to restart play. apparently.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
O I know re Butler I've listened to him year after year and he's a pain in the bottom...it's just him being joined by Jones...the only guy I have respect for is Johnthn Davis

Jonathon Davies is a class act.
When Wales play poorly, he is objective and frank about their failings.
Butler goes unusually quiet for a while.

Some family met Jonathon Davies whilst on holiday. Said he was great bloke, who didn't mind talking at length about sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here