• Start date

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Didn't know a coin could cause so much damage

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If there is one type of player England aren't short on, it's the small, fast mixed race winger who consistently makes the worst of promising situations.

And has a complete inability to make the right decisions.

That said, Walcott has been much better the last year or so, he's a reasonably exciting Premier League attacker. And the England team don't have many at that type of level these days.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The first of 6 or 7 of the squad to be ruled out, it's that time of year. When Rooney's absence from the world cup is announced I'll be well and truly gutted. Typical pre-world cup England injury crisis.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm disappointed, on his day he can be a wonderful game changer and I much prefer him on the right than James sodding Milner!! Having said that, this is a great chance for Andros Townsend (very excited about his potential) to cement a place in the England team. He'll need to hold down a Spurs spot though.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Real shame watching on the box the other night I thought he was looking like a centre forward

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Spurs fans are OVER THE MOON on Twitter!! Literally frothing with excitement.

It's bizarre.

I was at the Arsenal/Spurs game (don't ask) and it was a ridiculous situation.

Walcott went down (and we now know he was suffering a serious injury). Spurs fans were going MENTAL that he was wasting time and the coins started reigning down towards him before he was even on a stetcher.

He then smiled and did a 2-0 sign. Silly perhaps but funny (and the fa have decided to take no action). Some spurs fans were literally trying to get out of te stand to get to him. It was amazing.

Obviously football hatred is always illogical....but this hatred towards walcott is HILARIOUSLY pathetic.

Either way, gutted for him. Considering we will set up purely for counter attack in Brazil, Roy will be in despair. Great player and has a brilliant assist/goal record in recent seasons. A compete myth that he "wastes" chances.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I do find it quite amusing how the supporters that feel they have a right to have a pop at players but not expect anything back say stuff like 'they are overpaid prima-donnas'. Yet, when they get irate, how do they show their displeasure towards the player who is their target? They throw coins at him. That's far more ironic than finding 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
And has a complete inability to make the right decisions.

That said, Walcott has been much better the last year or so, he's a reasonably exciting Premier League attacker. And the England team don't have many at that type of level these days.

Sturridge
Rooney
Wellbeck
Townsend
Barkley
Morrison
Oxlade-Chamberlin
Wilshere
Sterling.

But yeah you right not many decent premier league attackers at all!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Simply feel sorry for him. He's now missing out on what is a genuinely promising season for his club and the possibility of a World Cup. Poor bloke.

Aug 23, 2011
I'm disappointed, on his day he can be a wonderful game changer and I much prefer him on the right than James sodding Milner!! Having said that, this is a great chance for Andros Townsend (very excited about his potential) to cement a place in the England team. He'll need to hold down a Spurs spot though.

Hasn't James Milner been an integral part of city's recent good form?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sturridge
Rooney
Wellbeck
Townsend
Barkley
Morrison
Oxlade-Chamberlin
Wilshere
Sterling.

But yeah you right not many decent premier league attackers at all!

Of those, Rooney is actually at a world class level, a few show potential to get there one day and most of them don't. Doesn't say a whole lot really.

Jan 30, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6113537 said:
Shame, he's always come across as a nice guy too.
YEP WHAT PRICK SITS ON A STRETCHER GIVING IT THE LARGE ONE unaware he's crocked and earning an obscene amount of money :wanker:
regards
DR

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He's never stood out however he has been used as a utility player rather than playing to his strengths. He's generally a consistent player but rarely outstanding and you need those in your squad.

Sort of player Hodgson likes because he grafts for the team and is prepared to do the ugly stuff when the team doesn't have possession, which is probably likely to be more than 50% of the time in the matches England play against Italy and Uruguay. He's been deployed a lot of the time at City in a more central position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here