Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting at the pumps

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
By far and away the most annoying petrol station trait is when people don't advance to the furthest pump. The station I use for work can fit 3 cars lengthways but some bell end in his/hers precious car will stop at the middle pump leaving the first one completely redundant. Nobs.

Something I really hate is where you have a station on two roads, and people going through it both ways. I've been blocked in twice at the Shell garage on Preston Road/London Road, by people coming in opposite directions. They did put signs up but they were ignored and then they removed them again, You even get people going through the Esso garage on London Road in the wrong direction quite frequently. How hard is it to understand?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Never understood why the pump doesn't re-set if sitting idle for more than a 'few' minutes. The ones at ASDA Hollingbury take an eternity to reset.

I understood it was intentionally a manual procedure to ensure a visual check is made that all is as it should be before allowing the pump to discharge any fuel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It annoys me when cars wait for a pump to become available that is on the 'right' side. The arms stretch, so that they will reach fuel tanks either side.

I used to use either side, now only the right side, as sometimes when pulling it across at full stretch, the little bit of fuel that was sitting in the curve of the hose pisses out, particular problem if your filler is low down.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any particular reason why?[/QUOTE

I guess it comes from having an Engineering backgound . When you have 2 options to achieve the same result , the most efficient way is always best when there are zero financial considerations .

Fair enough. However, I only use the opposite side if there are no pumps free on the right side. No financial considerations, just time.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If the free pump is on the wrong side of your car, why can't you drive in from the opposite direction ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't know if this annoys anyone else, went to get some fuel and the car in front of me was parked so far away from the pumps waiting to see which one would become available first, that I ended up being stuck at the entrance to the Garage blocking the pavement because the car wouldn't move up.

Why do some people do this? The roads we a much better place if people showed a little bit of consideration.

The local BP garage has an M&S shop inside.
The amount of people who go shopping whilst leaving car at pump is annoying.
Especially if one is stuck behind said car waiting to do what the garage is meant for, bloody fuel. :tantrum:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Some interesting posts in this thread...for me I just drive in, and park in the most desirable free space. Much easier than driving myself feckin crazy, looking for an obscure space where nothing could possibly go wrong. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some interesting posts in this thread...for me I just drive in, and park in the most desirable free space. Much easier than driving myself feckin crazy, looking for an obscure space where nothing could possibly go wrong. :shrug:

I think it might be you that some of us are trying to avoid, do you then just chuck your door open too? :lolol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think it might be you that some of us are trying to avoid, do you then just chuck your door open too? :lolol:

No, just open my car like an ordinary person. I don't live in fear of life itself, or I might as well stay in bed all day. Haven't had my car damaged or damaged anyone else's. Parking a car in a retail outlet really doesn't need to be approached with military planning..honestly. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
parking8.jpg

When I see the rancid selfish COCK-KNOCKERS who park their shiny precious love-of-their-lives like this, just so that no car can park next to them, I get seriously, seriously tempted to give it a bit of a clip with my trolley on the way past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here