Waiting at the pumps

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some other bugger will do that for you when they park next to you in the supermarket and kick their door open. Probably giving you a nice dent too. Usually a company car driver or a kid.

You know those cars parked right down the far end of the supermarket car park, miles from the store, so far that the owners get soaked to the skin if it is raining? That's me that is, avoiding all the selfish toxxers who have no concerns about damaging your paintwork, or denting your bodywork. The kind of people who use their car roof as somewhere to rest a box of groceries while they open their boot, or who cannot be bothered to return their trolley to the correct place, instead leaving it out in the main car park to get blown into someone elses car on a windy day. If you look closely, very often you will see some of the shiniest, most expensive cars down that end of the car park, with good reason too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It annoys me when cars wait for a pump to become available that is on the 'right' side. The arms stretch, so that they will reach fuel tanks either side.

should be part of the highway code, if you cant pull a nozzle over to the far side of the car, shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Quite often they still barely reach, even if you park really close to the pump, but maybe that's because I have a fairly big car now. I'd much rather go to one on the same side. Not sure why they can't make them a little longer though.

You know those cars parked right down the far end of the supermarket car park, miles from the store, so far that the owners get soaked to the skin if it is raining? That's me that is, avoiding all the selfish toxxers who have no concerns about damaging your paintwork, or denting your bodywork. The kind of people who use their car roof as somewhere to rest a box of groceries while they open their boot, or who cannot be bothered to return their trolley to the correct place, instead leaving it out in the main car park to get blown into someone elses car on a windy day. If you look closely, very often you will see some of the shiniest, most expensive cars down that end of the car park, with good reason too.

Yep, I've started doing this now I've got a new (to me) car. Didn't stop some **** smashing my front bumper in a multi-storey though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can honestly say I have never seen a flexible rubber tube scratch car paintwork.

On a single use probably not, hundreds of times on the same spot over 3 or 4 years will undoubtedly take the gloss off the paintwork though.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

I purposely wang my trolley off in the direction of that end. Given a fair wind and a slight downslope, I'll be long gone before it makes impact. :cheers:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

snap

As an aside, I've been driving for 30 years and only last week I found out that on your Petrol Gauge it points to which side of the car the filler is.

2015-04-13-1428958600-8905374-fuelgaugemh.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

For this reason - after buying a new car recently - we vowed to continue taking the old shìt one to the supermarket, where we park it nice and close to the entrance without a care in the world. :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
On a single use probably not, hundreds of times on the same spot over 3 or 4 years will undoubtedly take the gloss off the paintwork though.
....but does it really matter? In the great scheme of things, when you're old and grey looking back over life, musing about all the good and bad things that have happened, your achievements and failures.....will the gloss on your paintwork be in the forefront of your mind? That said. You'll probably be selling the car soon though so I guess you want it pristine.

:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If you're lucky it will be me parked next to you as I do exactly the same and try and find a space where I can only be "got at" on one side. Nothing to do with expensive car, I drive Alfas and they have no side trim so get a dent every time some ****er opens their door into my car!

Bizarrely I often find a shabby white transit van or big **** off 4x4 will park next to at the end of the car park. I often wonder if the do it deliberately and chuckle to themselves as they park next to a car miles from the entrance.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
....but does it really matter? In the great scheme of things, when you're old and grey looking back over life, musing about all the good and bad things that have happened, your achievements and failures.....will the gloss on your paintwork be in the forefront of your mind? That said. You'll probably be selling the car soon though so I guess you want it pristine.

:)

I work on keeping the resale of all of my vehicles as high as possible, it saves money in the long term. I aim not to barter on vehicle condition, just have a very clean and shiny example.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I've had trolly damage on my car from the lazy fkrs who can't be bothered to return it to the bay. If there was a way to track the people who do this I would personally ram a trolly into their car the next time they went shopping.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've had trolly damage on my car from the lazy fkrs who can't be bothered to return it to the bay. If there was a way to track the people who do this I would personally ram a trolly into their car the next time they went shopping.

Most supermarket car parks have cctv.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
By far and away the most annoying petrol station trait is when people don't advance to the furthest pump. The station I use for work can fit 3 cars lengthways but some bell end in his/hers precious car will stop at the middle pump leaving the first one completely redundant. Nobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here