Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Voter Identification.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No need to get precious about the guardian the way people on here go of against The Mail. The reasons for the 4% fall can be spun one way or the other, the article doesn't provide case studies "I couldn't vote because......" which tells me all I need to know.
Not precious about it at all but it is far more level headed, albeit to the left of centre, than the mail can even dream of. And you were the one that spun the 4% figure as a reduction of fraud, no one else and not the article claimed that.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
According to Jacob Rees-Mogg it damaged the Conservative vote last time out.

Apparently they wandered back out of the polling station, their underpants on their head, a pencil up their nose, and were heard to remark “wibble” as they wandered disconsolately home.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Not precious about it at all but it is far more level headed, albeit to the left of centre, than the mail can even dream of. And you were the one that spun the 4% figure as a reduction of fraud, no one else and not the article claimed that.

Well it wouldn't would it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don’t forget your voter ID tomorrow folks, the Tories are doing everything they can to cling onto power.
No need for me - the only vote I have is in the PCC election - that utterly pointless vote to politicise the police. Won't be even bothering

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Personally I approve of this, as in the last General election when I went to vote I was told I had already voted. Someone had been in and given my name and address and voted using my name. Fortunately after a half hour wait I was allowed to vote but before it was very easy to look up somebody's name on the electoral role and turn up and vote if you so wished. Pretty sad really but I'm all for the ID being used now.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I often take my Postal Vote into a Polling Station if I am not near my local Polling Station, I did this today at Hove Recreation, due to the new law change I had to fill out a form explaining why I was doing this. You have to answer some questions one of which was, Are You A Political Campaigner?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I took my passport along today in order to vote. I also shared my fun fact of the day with the polling clerks.

"Did you know that more MPs have been charged with sexual assault this parliament than voters charged with election fraud ?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here