Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote ukip

D

Deleted member 22389

Yep, read most of it. Full of as many false promises as the other parties but a few more bonkers and unworkable ideas for good measure. The press dish crap on all the parties,They have been around long enough to know that to whine about it looks like bad form. Farage and the ukip fans haven't learnt that yet.

Vote Green. Peace & ****ing: Britain's only hope.

Good for you that you have found a party you can believe in. I'm not going to insult you over your choice of party. So you have read the UKIP one, could you point me in the direction of the Greens one.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It is stupid mocking poeople that died.....just like the left with dancing and holding parties and singing the 'The 'Witch is dead' when Maggie died....the left have short memories...oh it's fine if they can do it but if someone from the Right of spectrum does it,they are racist,idiots...the left shout and scream about other parties of doing what they do...only they are correct and everybody else is wrong......NOT!

I don't know how you reach the conclusion that left leaning people think that there are not people with poor taste on both sides. If you reduce this to some polar debate about piety then we'll never have a decent debate about what is right for the country.

The chap in question is clearly not up to be a public official as he has poor judgement.

As for UKIP, they are not fit for government because all of their policies will damage the UK and not help those that are most disadvantaged. That's putting aside their rather dodgy views on immigrants.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen the UKIP candidate for Brighton Pavilion

16662466081_e1547571a7_b.jpg

Should give Eric Pickles a run for his money

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just pointing out that it would be a brave man to come between him and the buffet table :shrug:

Why don't you post as Bushy anymore ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't know how you reach the conclusion that left leaning people think that there are not people with poor taste on both sides. If you reduce this to some polar debate about piety then we'll never have a decent debate about what is right for the country.

The chap in question is clearly not up to be a public official as he has poor judgement.

As for UKIP, they are not fit for government because all of their policies will damage the UK and not help those that are most disadvantaged. That's putting aside their rather dodgy views on immigrants.

I am probably with you with the first bit, but what part of his view on immigrants do you find so dodgy and as for the rather general vague 'disadvantaged' you can easily find what their entitlements are, post the figures and perhaps we can have a debate on it, its all there for us to see and for me the benefit system is far too generous, and disincentives paid work, for too many.

I am absolutely resolute about this, so it isnt worth saying what a nasty guy I am blah blah blah, but if you wish to post examples of any said benefit then please do and we can all see what we think.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am probably with you with the first bit, but what part of his view on immigrants do you find so dodgy and as for the rather general vague 'disadvantaged' you can easily find what their entitlements are, post the figures and perhaps we can have a debate on it, its all there for us to see and for me the benefit system is far too generous, and disincentives paid work, for too many.

I am absolutely resolute about this, so it isnt worth saying what a nasty guy I am blah blah blah, but if you wish to post examples of any said benefit then please do and we can all see what we think.

I hear you. Here's an example of someone that is disadvantaged - anyone working 40 hours on the minimum wage.

UKIP's proposal is to ensure anyone on the minimum wage will not pay tax. However, don't be fooled. Do the sums and you'll see that on a 40 hour week what UKIP is proposing offers very little in real terms to those on the minimum wage. Roughly the price of a packet of fags each week. The real issue is the living wage, which we should be driving towards. This is an area which UKIP does not want to support. Tax relief on those earning the least is admirable, but remember that the personal tax exemption is already at £10,000 and that even without taxation this move would not lift many wages alone out of poverty levels.

There you go. No mention of immigration.

So, let's move onto the 'I' word. Nige wants net immigration at 50,000 each year (or is it 20,000 or just really low? Who knows?) Last year alone the NHS, thanks to our ageing population and not immigration (see the King's Fund and Nuffield Trust research) was forced to recruit 36,000 medical staff from outside the UK. This is just in the health sector. Why? Because we have not trained enough people in this country to do those jobs or we don't have enough people that want to do those jobs. The population is forecast to keep ageing and will become one of the greatest pressures on the NHS. Furthermore, a significant number of GPs in this country are about to retire, so they will need to be replaced. It takes 13 years to train someone to the standard required to be a doctor. UKIP want to bring net immigration down to 50,000 immediately. Who will be the nurses and doctors? He'll have used up his net immigration quota just staffing the NHS.

This leads onto another question. What about all the finance experts, engineering experts, academic experts etc. etc. that we would also like to attract to work in this country? After all, he is limiting net immigration to a very low figure. How will this lack of access to the UK affect the likelihood of major industries to invest in the UK? And without this investment, what will happen to jobs reliant on those industries?

You may be a nasty guy. You may be a nice guy. I don't know what you're like, but I'm thinking that if you agreed with the first part of my previous post then you are a reasonable guy and I'm just trying to make the point that as well as disliking UKIP, I can also reason that what they are proposing is wrong.

In fact, I think UKIP are the most disloyal and anti-British party out there, because they will sell our country short by trying to cut us off from accessing the invaluable resources we need.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I hear you. Here's an example of someone that is disadvantaged - anyone working 40 hours on the minimum wage.

UKIP's proposal is to ensure anyone on the minimum wage will not pay tax. However, don't be fooled. Do the sums and you'll see that on a 40 hour week what UKIP is proposing offers very little in real terms to those on the minimum wage. Roughly the price of a packet of fags each week. The real issue is the living wage, which we should be driving towards. This is an area which UKIP does not want to support. Tax relief on those earning the least is admirable, but remember that the personal tax exemption is already at £10,000 and that even without taxation this move would not lift many wages alone out of poverty levels.

There you go. No mention of immigration.

So, let's move onto the 'I' word. Nige wants net immigration at 50,000 each year (or is it 20,000 or just really low? Who knows?) Last year alone the NHS, thanks to our ageing population and not immigration (see the King's Fund and Nuffield Trust research) was forced to recruit 36,000 medical staff from outside the UK. This is just in the health sector. Why? Because we have not trained enough people in this country to do those jobs or we don't have enough people that want to do those jobs. The population is forecast to keep ageing and will become one of the greatest pressures on the NHS. Furthermore, a significant number of GPs in this country are about to retire, so they will need to be replaced. It takes 13 years to train someone to the standard required to be a doctor. UKIP want to bring net immigration down to 50,000 immediately. Who will be the nurses and doctors? He'll have used up his net immigration quota just staffing the NHS.

This leads onto another question. What about all the finance experts, engineering experts, academic experts etc. etc. that we would also like to attract to work in this country? After all, he is limiting net immigration to a very low figure. How will this lack of access to the UK affect the likelihood of major industries to invest in the UK? And without this investment, what will happen to jobs reliant on those industries?

You may be a nasty guy. You may be a nice guy. I don't know what you're like, but I'm thinking that if you agreed with the first part of my previous post then you are a reasonable guy and I'm just trying to make the point that as well as disliking UKIP, I can also reason that what they are proposing is wrong.

In fact, I think UKIP are the most disloyal and anti-British party out there, because they will sell our country short by trying to cut us off from accessing the invaluable resources we need.

Ok, I am back :)

Can I start by asking how many hours a week you work, my wife works 60+ hours a week, I work 50-60 hours however for me some hours are more productive than others !!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ok, I am back :)

Can I start by asking how many hours a week you work, my wife works 60+ hours a week, I work 50-60 hours however for me some hours are more productive than others !!

You can ask, but I am not going to tell you. :)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You can ask, but I am not going to tell you. :)

Why wouldn't you, but fair enough.

Already our 'disadvantaged' chap is working 25% less hours than me my wife and I suspect many others, but I concede that 40 hours is nearly an honest weeks work, but if you are disadvantaged upping his hours would seem reasonable, but anyway I have 3 examples that I have scraped off yougov benefit calculator so the figures are correct and you can bat around whether you think he is disadvantaged or not.

1) 28 years old single guy, living in a one bedroom flat @ £200.00 per week working 40 hours a week on minimum wage.
2) 28 years old couple, living in a one bedroom house/flat @ £400.00 per week both working 40 hours a week on a minimum wage.
3) 28 year old couple with young baby, living in a two bedroom flat/house @ £400.00 per week, he works 40 hours a week on a minimum wage she doesnt work.

Firstly he is likely to be unskilled and unqualified, his job is likely to be low skilled, please dont muddle this with a view or comment on him as an individual, it is a reasonable assessment of his likely employment status.

Example 1) Your 'disadvantaged' worker, lets say a single 28 years old working 40 hours a week and living in a housing association/other accommodation @ £200.00 per week.

He will receive £260.00 per week ( £236.00 after deductions ) per week plus he will access £108.51 housing benefit on his one bedroom house/flat giving him an annual income of £17914.00

Example 2) .Your 'disadvantaged' worker is 28 years old with a partner that also works for the minimum wage, they are both working 40 hours a week on the minimum wage and living in a one bedroom housing association/other accommodation @ £400.00 per week.

They will receive £260.00 each ( £236.00 after deductions) per week plus £185.52 per week housing benefit on their 1 bedroom house/flat giving him an annual income of £34190.00

Example 3) Your 'disadvantaged' worker is 28 years old his partner has a small baby and does not work, he works 40 hours a week on the minimum wage and living in a two bedroom housing association/other accommodation @ £400.00 per week.

They will receive £236.00 weekly wage plus £99.48 weekly Tax Credit Award plus £35.50 weekly Working Tax Credit plus £63.92 weekly Child Tax Credit plus £7.50 weekly Council Tax Award plus £329.06 weekly Housing Benefit plus £20.70 weekly Child Benefit giving them a total of £456.34 weekly benefit £23729.68 annual benefit take plus his £236.00 weekly wage totalling approx £36000.00 annual income.

Of course you may ask how do they find those low skilled jobs or suitable housing, well that when the debate moves on to the consequences of mass immigration :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why wouldn't you, but fair enough.

Already our 'disadvantaged' chap is working 25% less hours than me my wife and I suspect many others, but I concede that 40 hours is nearly an honest weeks work, but if you are disadvantaged upping his hours would seem reasonable, but anyway I have 3 examples that I have scraped off yougov benefit calculator so the figures are correct and you can bat around whether you think he is disadvantaged or not.

1) 28 years old single guy, living in a one bedroom flat @ £200.00 per week working 40 hours a week on minimum wage.
2) 28 years old couple, living in a one bedroom house/flat @ £400.00 per week both working 40 hours a week on a minimum wage.
3) 28 year old couple with young baby, living in a two bedroom flat/house @ £400.00 per week, he works 40 hours a week on a minimum wage she doesnt work.

Firstly he is likely to be unskilled and unqualified, his job is likely to be low skilled, please dont muddle this with a view or comment on him as an individual, it is a reasonable assessment of his likely employment status.

Example 1) Your 'disadvantaged' worker, lets say a single 28 years old working 40 hours a week and living in a housing association/other accommodation @ £200.00 per week.

He will receive £260.00 per week ( £236.00 after deductions ) per week plus he will access £108.51 housing benefit on his one bedroom house/flat giving him an annual income of £17914.00

Example 2) .Your 'disadvantaged' worker is 28 years old with a partner that also works for the minimum wage, they are both working 40 hours a week on the minimum wage and living in a one bedroom housing association/other accommodation @ £400.00 per week.

They will receive £260.00 each ( £236.00 after deductions) per week plus £185.52 per week housing benefit on their 1 bedroom house/flat giving him an annual income of £34190.00

Example 3) Your 'disadvantaged' worker is 28 years old his partner has a small baby and does not work, he works 40 hours a week on the minimum wage and living in a two bedroom housing association/other accommodation @ £400.00 per week.

They will receive £236.00 weekly wage plus £99.48 weekly Tax Credit Award plus £35.50 weekly Working Tax Credit plus £63.92 weekly Child Tax Credit plus £7.50 weekly Council Tax Award plus £329.06 weekly Housing Benefit plus £20.70 weekly Child Benefit giving them a total of £456.34 weekly benefit £23729.68 annual benefit take plus his £236.00 weekly wage totalling approx £36000.00 annual income.

Of course you may ask how do they find those low skilled jobs or suitable housing, well that when the debate moves on to the consequences of mass immigration :)

Your calculator is broken.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps its just inconvenient .......

Inconvenient. Broken. Either way, it doesn't work. I thought I should at least pop in there and check your sums. I got nothing near your amount of benefits.

Interestingly, my 28 year old stepson, who is on the minimum wage, doesn't get anywhere near what you calculated either.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Inconvenient. Broken. Either way, it doesn't work. I thought I should at least pop in there and check your sums. I got nothing near your amount of benefits.

Interestingly, my 28 year old stepson, who is on the minimum wage, doesn't get anywhere near what you calculated either.

Neither does my lad.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/startcalc.aspx?e2dwp=y

Our 28 year old singelton, who works 40 hours on minimum wage gets what I have put, if you have added or taken away some personal circumstances beyond what I have put then I am guessing it would change, but I have not skewed the circumstances to make it look more generous.

But please add your figures and circumstances for your example, it would be interesting to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here