Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote green

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Greens believe in a sustainable planet, but unfortunately not sustainable finances. Perhaps we need a Green / UKIP coalition

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Certain studies would prove that there are more generalisations here than most rants against a club from Croydon.

Eh, of course it's a generalisation to say those who have a higher level of agreeableness tend to vote for left wing partys and those who have a lower level tend to vote for right wing parties! Great post!

Also maybe read this before making disparaging remarkable...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreeableness

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
In addition here's another generalisation I suspect to be true; those with a high openness to experience are more likely to vote for left wing parties and those with lower openness to experience tend to vote for more right wing parties. Which I think is probably due to the fact of being able to appreciate the interconnectedness of life.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would happily vote for this lady :

View attachment 64843

.... but can't ..... but I'd rather cut my nuts off with a rusty saw that vote for this loon .....

View attachment 64844

I worked with Chris for a while. Very eccentric and a little highly strung. Not everyone's cup of tea in the Green Party.

But he is an outstanding campaigner, and I've always found his company good value. Brilliant writer too.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The way I see it, even the most fanatical Green Party voter would accept that there is no way they will get into power in this election, or any in the near future. Yes, they do have some pretty extreme and unrealistic policies, but for me there are also some very important and sensible policies they have about matters that no other parties are taking seriously. Would I want them in a majority government? As they are currently, probably not. But do I think having a handful of Green Party MPs will be beneficial to our government, making a stand for some of the (what I think are) important issues and providing some balance to the UKIP MP's? Yes. I don't really feel any strong preference to any of the other parties and their policies, and since I live in a constituency where they have a small, but decent chance of being voted in, with a candidate who appears to be quite down to earth and genuine, the Greens will probably be getting my vote.

They have ruled themselves out of participating in any coalition government in the next parliament, for reasons I am struggling to comprehend.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I worked with Chris for a while. Very eccentric and a little highly strung. Not everyone's cup of tea in the Green Party.

But he is an outstanding campaigner, and I've always found his company good value. Brilliant writer too.

Can't satnd the guy but admittedly I've only met him once. I find him very hypocritical, was a great campaigner for no cuts to libraries before he became a councillor and then voted in favour of them once elected. He's also the only candidate not to have responded to an email from a potential voter - i.e. me. I raised an issue with all the main candidates and they all relied except him. So frankly, if he's that rude he can't even be bothered to respond then I can't even be bothered to consider voting for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here