Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
At fault for the 2nd and third goals and didn't go with his runner on numerous occasions. I think he needs to be dropped but the scary thing is who do you get to replace him???

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The best centre-half at the club. Didn't have his greatest game yesterday but he didn't play half as badly as some people on here are trying to make out. Let him settle in that position with Elphicck and we will have a good central defensive pairing.

Shame Adams/Booker/White didn't realise this earlier as I think with them two all season we wouldn't have looked so shaky at the back.

Good call. Our main problem this season has been that we have had no regular partnership at centre half or up front. Some of this has been down to injury but some has been down to too much chopping and changing. You can't throw two centre backs together and expect them to gel straight away, they need time and sometimes that will cost you goals. Obviously we can't afford that at the moment but if we had played Elphick and Virgo together ealier in the season they would have a good understanding by now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the first half him and Elphick restricted Swindon to very few chances, although he made one bad howler which could have resulted in a goal. His distribution wasnt the best but he did what he had to do that is defend.

2nd half their first goal came as a result of indecision from Kuipers and a terrible header from Elphick. 2nd goal not his fault at all 100% down to Kuipers 3rd goal bad defending down our right side and late action by Kuipers so again not directly his fault. As has been said him and Elphick are our best pairing as centre backs and had they played together all season we may not have conceded so many goals.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought he was rubbish again yesterday, in-keeping with all of our 'defensive unit'. Took his goal well though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is very interesting to read different peoples views of the same game as I thought that he played reasonably well yesterday better than some he has played and worse than others but overall ok.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't no why people love to slate him all the time

We all thought he was going to come back and dominate every game and we were going up as champions. :down:

I don't think Virgo has performed overly badly all season, he's just been mediocre every game. In the "team for Colchester" thread I suggested dropping for Hawkins for the sake of pointing out to him that if he doesn't well, he's out on his ear. But I actually think our problem this season has been not pairing Virgo with Elphick from the start, we need to try and get them settled together now. We have noone better than those two, they need to form a partnership imo, but it's FAR too late. :(

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Virgo is a wanker, is a wanker.

The rent boy.

xx

Oh great, another Remedial has arrived for our entertainment! I would've thought you'd have been far too busy shagging your cousins, quite honestly. Thanks for taking some time out; dropping-by & sharing your undoubted genius. :p

Pinehurst Red

Apr 12, 2009
Oh great, another Remedial has arrived for our entertainment! I would've thought you'd have been far too busy shagging your cousins, quite honestly. Thanks for taking some time out; dropping-by & sharing your undoubted genius. :p

beats shagging your mrs though.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I have been saying this all season but no-one listens to me.

Let's get him in as player coach to get us straight back out of div 2 next season.

Give him the managers job .. cares about club and knows the youth system at club

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I thought him and Elphick operated nightmarishly yesterday. Didn't work as a unit.

So during the summer, can we PLEASE have a player older than 25 to organise the defence on-pitch properly?

Like Hawkins this season? :dunce:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
All the talk of Butters is a bit worrying. Currently on loan at the bottom team in the conference I know we are bad but would he really improve our defence. Top while he was here but you have to move on. A coaching position maybe but not as a player. The answer was Joel Lynch but that went a bit wrong for what ever reason

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Virgo is an incredibly over-rated player. I cannot name another defender who is so stupid and spacially unaware. On top of this he is clumsy, regularly concedes free-kicks or penalties and gets booked and suspended a lot. And the day he intercepts a ball, controls it and lays it off to a team mate instead of smashing it up the field is the day I will eat my own arse.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Virgo is an incredibly over-rated player. I cannot name another defender who is so stupid and spacially unaware. On top of this he is clumsy, regularly concedes free-kicks or penalties and gets booked and suspended a lot. And the day he intercepts a ball, controls it and lays it off to a team mate instead of smashing it up the field is the day I will eat my own arse.

Sorry mate but I disagree with every word of that. I don't know how you can say he is over-rated when we have hardly seen him in his best position at all this year, and when he has played there he has generally been solid.

As for the last sentence of your post; do you go to many games? I can think of at least two occasions yesterday when he 'intercepted a ball, controlled it and layed it off to a team mate'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here