Virgin media sold

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also still have the .ntl.com email address but, of course, use the virgin email system, which is tat.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I used to work to for a John Malone company but lost track of who owned what in the end.

I think he still owns 30% but pulled of the UK a few years ago.

This was primarily TV post production, but he was always considered as really a cable man where he made his money.

Basically he is very very big player in the US and other countries and an extremely wealthy individual. I read he is now the biggest private individual land owner in the US.

If there is one person to give Murdoch a run for his money it's Malone. You may not have heard of him but he is Mr Cable. Interesting if Virgin comes under UPC. Either way this is major a shake up and some very powerful competition to sky. Much more so than BT or Branson.

D

Deleted member 18477

Disney maybe pulling the plug on ESPN UK but that shouldn't affect the rest of the ESPN America and ESPN Classic channels package.

BT sport channel will launch next year. they have football (18 first picks from memory - a better deal than ESPN and setanta got over these last few years)... think they also have italian football etc.. all the stuff ESPN showed so i cant imagine ESPN UK will stick around after this season...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
BT sport channel will launch next year. they have football (18 first picks from memory - a better deal than ESPN and setanta got over these last few years)... think they also have italian football etc.. all the stuff ESPN showed so i cant imagine ESPN UK will stick around after this season...

ESPN are rumoured to have put their sporting rights up for sale, as the start of a withdrawal from the UK market. They only have one long term agreement anyway, which is to cover Scottish football.

D

Deleted member 18477

ESPN are rumoured to have put their sporting rights up for sale, as the start of a withdrawal from the UK market. They only have one long term agreement anyway, which is to cover Scottish football.

yea and a year left i believe on their FA cup rights (ends 13/14 season)...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Scots are in a dilemma as the restructuring plans for the MTL all hinge on the TV rights continuing at the same revenue levels after the current deal expires.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The reason why BT Vision got a better deal than ESPN or the former incumbent , Setanta is because they offered £738M for a 3 year rights deal to show 38 live Premier League games per season , with nearly half being attractive fixtures.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ESPN America isn't a waste of space. I hope I don't lose that channel from Virgin Media.

Totally agree....I love watching college football and basketball..

I like ESPN America too, in particular around the horn and PTI.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Rubbish. :(

Really enjoy the Seria A coverage with Richardson, Marcotti and co.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports