Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Brighton have made a £2million bid for FC Groningen defender Virgil van Dijk. @npowertransfers

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
108.JPG

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What's with all the dick jokes, my Dutch isn't too hot but I'm fairly certain it's pronounced "Daek" (Going on how you say Dijkstra's algorithm)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Groningen waved bid Van Dijk road

From our Telesport Editorial
FC Groningen has an official bid from the English Brighton on Virgil van Dijk ignored. That leaves general manager of the northerners Hans Nijland know

Van Dijk is making a strong season at Groningen. The 21-year-old central defender was in eighteen appearances for the team of Robert Maaskant twice accurately.
Brighton is in the Championship, the second division in England.

Thomas Kenny ‏@FRvoetbalTom
#FCGroningen have rejected a 2.4m bid from #BHAFC for Virgil van Dijk. The defender has been heavily linked with a move to England recently.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ambitious move by us. If Everton/Sunderland is just agent talk then this could still have some legs towards the end of the window if we up our offer a bit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we sign Virgil that would be FAB

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ambitious move by us. If Everton/Sunderland is just agent talk then this could still have some legs towards the end of the window if we up our offer a bit.

Hm, not if they know PL teams will come in with bids close to 5m in the Summer but you never know.

It would be a great piece of business, big outlay at first but he's young and will only go up in value if he's as good as his place in the Dutch U21 side indicates.

But just think, apparently we've had a 2.4m bid for a CB rejected (if these sources are true). That's insane.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hm, not if they know PL teams will come in with bids close to 5m in the Summer but you never know.

It would be a great piece of business, big outlay at first but he's young and will only go up in value if he's as good as his place in the Dutch U21 side indicates.

But just think, apparently we've had a 2.4m bid for a CB rejected (if these sources are true). That's insane.

''If'' the possible 5 mill bids are genuine and not just FC Groningan trying to bump up the price.

If there is genuine interest from the Prem then we have no chance, but would we have made this move knowing there was no chance? I'm sure someone from our club must have had a conversation with his agent on the QT.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Also he's only 21, he needs to be playing to carry on developing, no good for him to be sitting on the bench for a Prem side and just playing cup games.

I don't know how good he really is or whether he's good enough to go straight into Everton's back four but I doubt it at the moment. Play for us for 2 or 3 year then move on to a big Prem side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports