Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Strangely enough, I don't think he's that good, shown nothing in the PL to convince me he's worth half that money.

If he’s worth £75m then Lewis Dunk is worth £100m.

Hopefully that sort of figure puts off any potential suitor (and I have a horrible feeling southampton will make an approach in January)

He's been on half speed/disinterested this season because if last summer''s fiasco. When he is interested, he is in my view the best. Certainly better than the considerably talented Lewis Dunk.

And I don't think Dunk would want to go and I don't think we would sell him

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Southampton clearly Liverpool's feeder club!

Liverpool have previously spent £96m on five Southampton players since the summer of 2014. In that transfer window they took Adam Lallana (£25m), Dejan Lovren (£20m) and Rickie Lambert (£4.5m). Nathaniel Clyne (£12.5m) and Sadio Mané (£34m) followed in the summers of 2015 and 2016 respectively.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess we now know the price of 'guaranteeing' a Champions League place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess we now know the price of 'guaranteeing' a Champions League place.

A £712m squad is not enough these days to compete for the title, according to Maureenho who's about to go on a mega spend, again.

Sit back and watch 5 weeks of transfer bedlam. January windows are often a damp squib, but this one could be busy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Van Dyke won't make that much difference...

No he won't, not all the time Klopp's in charge.
But Champions League has to be the justification for the spend, esp now that it's 6 from 4, or should that actually be 1 from 3?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
£75 million. Southampton fans must be laughing their heads off.

He's been on half speed/disinterested this season because if last summer''s fiasco. When he is interested, he is in my view the best. Certainly better than the considerably talented Lewis Dunk.

And I don't think Dunk would want to go and I don't think we would sell him

Just after I posted that earlier on I told my wife (saints fan and STH) when she came back in the room. She laughed and said "He's not worth it"..........

.......... which he probably isn't, but he is better than Dunk.

She then went on to mention all the other former Saints now at 'Pool, and even mentioned a pundit's comment before the Spurs Saints match about how important it is for both Wanyama and Alderweireld to be back for Spurs, both of whom Pochettino had come back to Saints for. The fans will be furious that yet another top talent has gone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just after I posted that earlier on I told my wife (saints fan and STH) when she came back in the room. She laughed and said "He's not worth it"..........

.......... which he probably isn't, but he is better than Dunk.

She then went on to mention all the other former Saints now at 'Pool, and even mentioned a pundit's comment before the Spurs Saints match about how important it is for both Wanyama and Alderweireld to be back for Spurs, both of whom Pochettino had come back to Saints for. The fans will be furious that yet another top talent has gone.

They are furious against their club on saintsweb this evening.

Fans don't get excited about cash in the bank.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Strangely enough, I don't think he's that good, shown nothing in the PL to convince me he's worth half that money.

I thought he was by far the best player on the pitch when we played them earlier in the season, and without a doubt the best defender I’ve seen this year, I guess it’s all about opinions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here