Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincent Tan

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But is it "their club" any more?
Cardiff - Blue to red and new logo.
Hull - Name change to Hull City Tigers Ltd.

If premier league football was all I cared about I'd go watch Southampton..

Was it ever their club?

Lots of clubs make subtle changes over the years. Southampton lost their stripes. We've changed badges countless times. We changed nicknames. We've changed colours. What's in an identity?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was it ever their club?

Lots of clubs make subtle changes over the years. Southampton lost their stripes. We've changed badges countless times. We changed nicknames. We've changed colours. What's in an identity?

There's a difference between subtle changes and all of the above in one fell swoop. Colour change, badge change from bluebird to dragon which also means nickname change. Money cannot buy loyalty.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My late mum ( bless her ) always told me "never trust a grown man who tucks his replica shirt into his trousers". Wise lady my mum.

tan_2698722b.jpeg

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agreed, why can't people vote with their feet. Wouldn't take much. Where is the fan power.

because its easier said than done. its not the first time and wont be the last, the football fans keep going back.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
This. You can't compare sensible evolution to selfish, ignorant, myopic revolution.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
There's a difference between subtle changes and all of the above in one fell swoop. Colour change, badge change from bluebird to dragon which also means nickname change. Money cannot buy loyalty.

Sorry, meant to post my last quoting the above. Ahem, as this:

This. You can't compare sensible evolution to selfish, ignorant, myopic revolution.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Loyalty is an empty word - it's important to a club when the going gets tough (i.e. 5k fans in an athletics stadium or 2k fans marching on to Gillingham) - not valid in this instance. Despite the actions of Tan, they are at their highest position for many decades and highest crowds for many decades.

Money makes all the difference. They are comfortably outstripping previous average attendances. Would we be averaging 26k if our team was not in an ascendancy and we decided not to lose £8m a year?

Would Cardiff be where they are now without the (expensive) loans of Tan?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Loyalty is an empty word - it's important to a club when the going gets tough (i.e. 5k fans in an athletics stadium or 2k fans marching on to Gillingham) - not valid in this instance. Despite the actions of Tan, they are at their highest position for many decades and highest crowds for many decades.

Money makes all the difference. They are comfortably outstripping previous average attendances. Would we be averaging 26k if our team was not in an ascendancy and we decided not to lose £8m a year?

Would Cardiff be where they are now without the (expensive) loans of Tan?

All true. However, slightly misses the point. Yes, a club needs investment if it's going to seriously compete at the highest level. But, in my opinion, and I know I'm not alone, that investment should not be at any cost. Cardiff fans are confused, some are demonstrating (not by not turning up it should be noted) and some are ambivolent. I just pray that we will never be faced with that dilemma.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's just another rich, arrogant tosser who thinks he can manage a football club.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If we had an owner like that, I think I would stay away from the club until he was gone. I would join in any protests to get him out, but would not go to games. I have watch us in any division and always been proud to say I am a Brighton fan. I understand we are very very very lucky to have Tony Bloom and what is happening at Cardiff could happen to us, but that would be the end for me. I feel sorry for the Cardiff fans, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They needed his money to survive, but they have had to sell their soul to get it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tan's face is just so punchable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here