Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that's not how a sell on works. Once they've been sold on,  once that's the end of it
Depends on the terms of the sell on agreement. It can apply to any future fees received for that player.

It’s been reported that Barnsley will get a small payment from John Stones winning the Champions League for Man City. Everton are due a bonus of around £2.5 million as part of the transfer deal that took him to City and Barnsley are due their 15% of that as part of the sell on agreement when Stones joined Everton

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
About £10M a year for Tony's season ticket, most years, isn't it?
I think that once last season’s accounts have been produced, we’ll have broken even if not be a few milllion up overall in our 6 seasons in the Premier League. Not bad considering 2 of those seasons were the Covid affected ones.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No it doesn't its not even 1 place in extra prize money. But each to their own when you see that the average wage for woman's salary is around 40k a year i hope you realize there is a massive difference. Brighton's income last year was around £168 million for the men's team.
edit: so the girls probably earn less in a year the the Men earn in a week,

No it doesn't its not even 1 place in extra prize money. But each to their own when you see that the average wage for woman's salary is around 40k a year i hope you realize there is a massive difference. Brighton's income last year was around £168 million for the men's team.
edit: so the girls probably earn less in a year the the Men ea
edit: so the girls probably earn less in a year the the Men earn in a week, ok.

edit: so the girls probably earn less in a year the the Men earn in a week, ok.
Not sure of the relevance of selling VG has to the Women's Teams. My point is the Men's squads need every penny after years of digging into TB's pocket.
Great we've sold a load of player's to turn a profit but to sustain that means gambling the profit on the the likes of VG's sale and signing young talent for a few million pounds and we certainly don't win all of them.
If the Women want more money create an income stream similar to the Men's and charge admission prices similar to the Amex.
Start off by selling Robinson and put up prices, works for the men's section.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've no idea what Gyokeres sell on clause is, but it strikes me this is absolutely what we should be doing with youngsters who don't quite make it at the time. Basically give them away, but with a very meaty sell on clause in case they develop like Gyokeres has.

We'll have 5 or 6 in this boat this summer, who are in contract and we'll probably ship out. Khadra, Karbownik etc. We're better off selling to relatively poor club who can't afford an initial fee, but will agree to a large sell on

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Most importantly….

Do we have a sell on clause…..

100 million 😳

Sporting Lisbon will not allow Sweden forward Viktor Gyokeres, 25, to leave unless someone matches his 100m euros release clause, with several Premier League and Serie A clubs interested in the attacker. (Record - in Portuguese)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think we have missed a couple of potential gems but generally we are rightly praised for recognising them

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
6 in 7 for top of the league Sporting thus far… I always thought he looked like he might develop into an excellent (strong) forward, but wouldn’t have predicted such a steep upward trajectory…

It’ll be interesting to see if he does get a PL move… it would seem everyone is looking for Haaland 2, so he might fit that kind of ‘profile’ I guess… although Haaland is a generational talent, and I reckon Viktor is more of a reallly good striker.

However, on current evidence he’s as good as (if not better) Hojlund, for example, so his reported value might not be too far off the mark.

Good for him, so so for us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A sell on, sell on clause? Not even we’d pull that off.
If part of the deal that took him from Coventry to Lisbon was a sell on fee for Coventry, BHAFC should be entitled to a percentage of the percentage that Coventry receive from Lisbon, and also any bonuses Coventry receive from Lisbon for appearances, wins etc. I think.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If part of the deal that took him from Coventry to Lisbon was a sell on fee for Coventry, BHAFC should be entitled to a percentage of the percentage that Coventry receive from Lisbon, and also any bonuses Coventry receive from Lisbon for appearances, wins etc. I think.
Err no. We will have got all we are getting when Coventry sold the player.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to the lad. You have to play the percentages sometimes and at the time his transfer to Coventry worked for everyone. The odd one who ends up becoming a cracking player is going to get away from the club from time to time, all part of the game.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Are you sure about that? I am not saying I am certainly correct, but if a sell on cut for Coventry is part of the transfer requirements that took him to Lisbon, to my mind it makes logical sense for that to be seen as part of the transfer fee they receive for the player?
It might be limited to the period of time he was under contract for initially with Coventry, he would still be under contract if they had not sold him till next June, so if Lisbon sell him before then it would be money Coventry received for a player we had a sell on for, within the time period specified, and we should get a cut.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Obviously I've not seen the finer points of the agreement between us and Coventry, but normally if there are bonuses and a future sell on clause in the deal that took him to Sporting from Coventry then that is part of the overall transfer fee that Coventry will eventually receive for him and we would be entitled to our percentage of that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I admire your confidence about something you are entirely wrong about.

If the sell-on clause stopped the second Coventry sold the player then why wouldn't they have sold him for a fiver + £xm when he makes 1 appearance?

Sometimes a modicum of common sense goes a long way.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Scored 9 in 12 appearances for Sporting. Now reportedly being lined up for Chelsea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here