Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Coventry Chairman says we're taking a 'meaningful percentage'.

Coupled with Naylor's "Substantial sell on" a while back, that suggests the 10% rumour is too low.
Big question: is a meaningful percentage more or less than a substaintial percentage? 10% too low, me thinks, and anything above 30% too high. 20-25%? Could turn into even more further down the line if Coventry got their own sell-on when dealing with Sporting. If we had a 20% sell-on and Coventry now have a 20% sell-on, we should get 5% of the total fee (if my math is ok) if he get a big transfer in the future.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still backs up my theory he’s not a premier league quality player

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I don’t think he is a Potter or RDZ type player but I’m sure a manager such as Dyche would get a tune out of him in the EPL.
Should give the money to BHA Womans team they could do a lot with that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Big question: is a meaningful percentage more or less than a substaintial percentage?
To me, 'meaningful' might not be indicative of an amount. 9% could be meaningful because it represents Gyokeres' shirt number. 4% could be meaningful because it's the numbr of years Coventry spent in their first home ground Dowells Field (thank you wikipedia). 69% could be meaningful because *giggles like a schoolboy*
Not sure 'meaningful' is appropriate a term for how big a percentage it is.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
At the end of the day it’s irrelevant. He’s been sold. None of us know the sell on. We can’t control what he’s been sold for. We’ll get what we will.

Fwiw I wish we’d kept him instead of Connolly. A big POTTER fail imo.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At the end of the day it’s irrelevant. He’s been sold. None of us know the sell on. We can’t control what he’s been sold for. We’ll get what we will.

Fwiw I wish we’d kept him instead of Connolly. A big POTTER fail imo.
Neither were/are PLR…

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Even £2 million is substantial
With the premier league money this is chicken feed, the club could give it to the poor, donate it to Southend United, buy us all a pint and let us transfer tickets to our mates free of charge, no one would notice.
Bloom could even go as far as wiping his arse with it or doing a KLF. It would go totally under the radar
Just sayin

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Big question: is a meaningful percentage more or less than a substaintial percentage? 10% too low, me thinks, and anything above 30% too high. 20-25%? Could turn into even more further down the line if Coventry got their own sell-on when dealing with Sporting. If we had a 20% sell-on and Coventry now have a 20% sell-on, we should get 5% of the total fee (if my math is ok) if he get a big transfer in the future.
In the scenario that Coventry have a 20% sell on and we would be entitled to 20% of whatever they got from that then we would get 4% of the total transfer fee (well profit on the transfer as sell ons are normally paid on profit made on the player not the overall transfer fee).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never heard of a 40% or 50% sell on before - seems mentally high. 10% seems too low. So I’m guessing about 20%-25% standard…

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Never heard of a 40% or 50% sell on before - seems mentally high. 10% seems too low. So I’m guessing about 20%-25% standard…
I think Leon Knight had a 50% sell on when we got him from Chelsea. We were totally potless at the time and Chelsea had just become the richest club in Britain so I think this was in lieu of the £100k transfer fee we wouldn’t have been able to raise at the time*

*this story might be a work of fiction, I do drink a lot

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So could the men's team, I'm sure it costs a small fortune to stay in the PL.
Every penny counts.
No it doesn't its not even 1 place in extra prize money. But each to their own when you see that the average wage for woman's salary is around 40k a year i hope you realize there is a massive difference. Brighton's income last year was around £168 million for the men's team.
edit: so the girls probably earn less in a year the the Men earn in a week, ok.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In the scenario that Coventry have a 20% sell on and we would be entitled to 20% of whatever they got from that then we would get 4% of the total transfer fee (well profit on the transfer as sell ons are normally paid on profit made on the player not the overall transfer fee).
I'm pretty certain we have to pay IF Brommapojkarna a sell on percentage ourselves.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that's not how a sell on works. Once they've been sold on,  once that's the end of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here