Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from WSU

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
View attachment 159290

View from block g row v, that’s 5 or 6 rows from the back.

Ooooh, that’s very close to me, except I’m row r. WSU is where it’s at, great view, quite often a good atmosphere and it always feels like it’s old school Albion up there. Well, it certainly did for the first 5 or 6 seasons, a little less like that now.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
View attachment 159290

View from block g row v, that’s 5 or 6 rows from the back.
I sit a few rows further forward than you (in a different block) and those pictures never do it justice. I've sent the same pic to mates and they are like; 'you're in the gods' - but that view isn't representative of the view. Your eye just picks up the pitch really clearly and you have a detailed view of players.

But the camera lens somehow draws down the roof and and makes the pitch seem miles away. Its not like that in reality.

It reminds me of trying to take a picture from Ditchling beacon on a clear day. It may be the most breathtaking view of Sussex with villages sheep and cricket matches going on. Take a photo and it transforms into a vague band of green underneath a vague band of blue.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
As a Northstander, without reading through the thread, and having recently sat in WSU for the Grimsby game… I have this opinion.

- No sausage rolls
- Far too crowded, you have to walk through queues of people needing beverages to take a piss
- Steps

I did enjoy the view and the movement, and that TV perspective…

… but I pined to be back in the North and be rowdy.

Never sat there but I’d like to try out WSL sometime.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I'm virtually on the centre line WSU 3F. For the Liverpool cup game was due to be away so didn't take my seat but circumstances changed so booked late on exchange in corner south end, can confirm there is no bad seat in WSU

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
IMG_20220813_150024_594.jpg

My view from W3H.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a Northstander, without reading through the thread, and having recently sat in WSU for the Grimsby game… I have this opinion.

- No sausage rolls
- Far too crowded, you have to walk through queues of people needing beverages to take a piss
- Steps

I did enjoy the view and the movement, and that TV perspective…

… but I pined to be back in the North and be rowdy.

Never sat there but I’d like to try out WSL sometime.
WSL is excellent, in fact probably the best part of the ground to be in. Which is why the media are based there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We’ve moved here for next season View attachment 159297
WSU is (imo) the best view of the football - if as others have said, you want to watch and appreciate exactly what is going on in the game.
But your NW shelf has absolutely the best view OF the stadium itself. You get to not just have a decent view of the pitch, but you also get a proper sense of the scale and glory of the West Stand, that you don’t get if you’re actually in it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
…..but the media watch the match on screens filmed from WSU !!
They do indeed! But IMO, half way up and near the middle of WSL is the best part of the ground to watch the game. If you look at the ticketing system for any random game, it's always the middle of the WSL that sells out first. There's a reason for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WSU is (imo) the best view of the football - if as others have said, you want to watch and appreciate exactly what is going on in the game.
But your NW shelf has absolutely the best view OF the stadium itself. You get to not just have a decent view of the pitch, but you also get a proper sense of the scale and glory of the West Stand, that you don’t get if you’re actually in it.
I agree with that. Plus the shelf has its own concessions area, if you can't be arsed to walk to the North concourse.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They do indeed! But IMO, half way up and near the middle of WSL is the best part of the ground to watch the game. If you look at the ticketing system for any random game, it's always the middle of the WSL that sells out first. There's a reason for that.
I was being a tad facetious 😉. What’s the atmosphere like in WSL? The 1901 bit seems a bit sterile with people not taking their seats until 2.59pm, being very polite to each other and dashing off for coffee at 3.44pm.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was being a tad facetious 😉. What’s the atmosphere like in WSL? The 1901 bit seems a bit sterile with people not taking their seats until 2.59pm, being very polite to each other and dashing off for coffee at 3.44pm.
I've not done 1901 so can't comment on that but the WSL atmosphere is pretty good. You won't hear much singing starting there although people do join in (so much like the ESL in that respect), but the people are very much involved in the game, watching the dugouts, that sort of thing. It depends what you like. You should definitely give WSL a whirl.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

The move from the lower west ticked quite a few boxes for us as my eldest will change age categories for 24/25 and will be introducing the youngest that season or season after so made sense to get decent seats up there now which came available.

Will be blooding them for the north lower over the next decade!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Very close to us! I think we are a couple of rows back and to your right. Love it there. Also enjoy away games for a different perspective.
You've probably heard people tutting at my potty mouth then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here