Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] View from WSU

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Thinking of moving from the North to WSU as I struggle to clearly see movement at the other side (South) of the pitch (eyesight isn’t that great which contributes). Despite being much further away it seems the view of the overall game is better it would be get to get some opinions. Also slight hesitation in that I assume that it is more of a morgue up there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
951CCFF9-FAD0-4BB0-9479-73F39F00D854.jpeg

View from block g row v, that’s 5 or 6 rows from the back.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thinking of moving from the North to WSU as I struggle to clearly see movement at the other side (South) of the pitch (eyesight isn’t that great which contributes). Despite being much further away it seems the view of the overall game is better it would be get to get some opinions. Also slight hesitation in that I assume that it is more of a morgue up there.
No sausage rolls, I’m not convinced you’ve thought this through

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The view is fantastic, you almost get TV level. It can get lively up there, but we normally take our cue from the North and it really depends what is happening on the pitch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you like tactics and a television view then it's great. I'm at the back of G and there's also a very good atmosphere up there with a lot of old Goldstone and Withdean faces and some younger lads trying to make some noise. It's not quite the NSK but if we're playing well it's noisy.

We only got the back of WSU because it was the only place I could move to with adult mates and we could take all our kids. When they were first going mine was 8 and was very well looked after by the old boys around us. Now he's 16, trying to lead some songs and has an unfortunate tendency to say "for f**ks sake ref".

The players don't feel small and you can see both goals with great sightlines and the runs of players and how a particular player is going by focussing on them and it's perfect for being "right" about offside.

You do need an oxygen mask to get up there though. I break up the two climbs with at least three pints of Harvey's and a burger :wink:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve been in WSU block F for a number of seasons. Previously in South-west corner.
The view is great and you get a really good appreciation of exactly what is going on where, and the sheer quality of what we are currently playing.
I’m deaf, so not the best person to ask about noise and so on. But it never strikes me as being like a morgue. But I have never been a “singer”.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another Block G resident here. The view is fantastic and you get the best of the atmosphere in my view as not only do the WSU take part but you can hear both North and South Stands.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Remember that, when Falmer opened, the club priced WSU as the second cheapest tickets, so that pretty much all the Withdean faithful chose season tickets in either the North or the WSU, so I think it is (and should be) second for atmosphere behind the North Stand, especially the sections to the north of the halfway line ... and with a much better view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here