Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the PALACE all is not well it seems....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Now, none of us know for sure, but didn't Bolton offer him three times his salary? If so, then it's f*ck all about ego, more about Freedman doing what probably anyone in his position would do, taking the cash.
Surely, no one loves P*lace that much to turn down such an offer.

P.S Hello LondonBlue, how ya doing?

I think the point is how Freedman has been right royally shafted by Parish and presumably the MULTI MULTI BILLIONAIRES that are running the show. This has been doing th rounds with some of my palace chums who all seem to be saying the same thing. Now it could be the equivalent of "NSC speak" when someone states opinion as fact BUT point remains it looks like Dougie didnt even want to go for the money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you ask me, that Parish bloke is making mugs of their fans, I'm delighted to say. He seems like an absolute spiv and a total tightwad. Lovely stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now it could be the equivalent of "NSC speak" when someone states opinion as fact BUT point remains it looks like Dougie didnt even want to go for the money.

£125,000 a year to £1.5 million? Any one of us would have done it, even
if earning £125k a year hardly puts you on the breadline.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I only believe things as fact, if fact is written in capitals, FACT. Otherwise just can't be true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
£125,000 a year to £1.5 million? Any one of us would have done it, even
if earning £125k a year hardly puts you on the breadline.

I think the article clearly states that as it stands Dougie is between a rock and a hard place and had no intention of even talking to Bolton.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The next Palace manage will almost certainly be whoever is the cheapest option. Terry Connor? Steve Kean? Between that and Zaha almost certainly going with no real re-investment in the squad... good times.

Have to say that, yes he's Palace etc etc, but I do feel sorry for Dougie Freedman if this is true. Decent manager and at a club he clearly loves with a passion and he has been forced out.

Seeing the shenanigans of Steve Parrish make me all the more grateful for Tony Bloom

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The story would explain the confusion that has arisen since Freedman's leaving and the Bolton board not actually admitting they'd hired him.

However, I don't understand why the Palace board would be so eager to let him go given he was so cheap. Or is the suggestion they'll go now for somebody even cheaper?

Terry Connor anyone?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even though he seems like an honest man and decent chap, I might still chant GREEDMAN at him when he comes down with Bolton, just to annoy him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Has to be said, begrudgingly, that Freedman did a great job there. Gotta love, as an Albion fan, that egotistical chairman with the cack hairstyle

Just in case anyone missed it last time, here is said cack hairstyle again.

Martin-Long-left-and-Stev-006.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the article clearly states that as it stands Dougie is between a rock and a hard place and had no intention of even talking to Bolton.

Fair enough, although football clubs have a funny way of ensuring their offers are heard by the people they're after, even if those individuals' current clubs don't grant permission to speak to them.

So I suppose even if he hasn't planned to go, a cheeky little, off-the-record call to his agent by a middleman with proposed contract details might start to persuade him of the merits of Bolton.

What's amused me most is the Palace fans (from Croydon) whining "but why would he want to live in BOLTON, it's a shithole?" :cry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just in case anyone missed it last time, here is said cack hairstyle again.

Martin-Long-left-and-Stev-006.jpg

It's that "trying to appear fifteen years younger than I am" look.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has to be said, begrudgingly, that Freedman did a great job there.
Firstly, if we believe he did a good job, we wouldn't say it begrudgingly, we could shout it from the roof tops, smug in the fact that he's left before they got anywhere.

I believe the jury is out though. A couple of months ago we were all laughing at Dougie's managerial ability, and hoping he stayed with them for a long time. Then they won 6 on the bounce and we're supposed to think he was a great manager for them. Football is like that, we were top of the league with the best manager around, and a few games later some people think he's not up to it.

The fact is, it is very strange that he left. It's very strange, given how he was doing recently, that Palace didn't have any interest in holding on to him. While I can accept he'd leave for a enough money, I don't think it would have taken Palace much to keep him, he's clearly a Palace man.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Something is clearly amiss between the manager/board and fans in this situation - but unfortunately I think Palace as a result will appoint someone better than Freedman. He does have another business that is co-founded - so football is not his only income. Not that that means too much but does possibly suggest his immediate financial future wasn't in danger.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Something is clearly amiss between the manager/board and fans in this situation - but unfortunately I think Palace as a result will appoint someone better than Freedman. He does have another business that is co-founded - so football is not his only income. Not that that means too much but does possibly suggest his immediate financial future wasn't in danger.

Who has another business? I assume you are talking about Parish? If so, he sold his business last year, made a tidy profit and continued as CEO, although no idea if he's still doing it*. But the tidy profit was around the £50 million mark (IRO) and not the billions (as a co-owner) Palace fans seem to think one of their four musketeers is worth.

* Just read he's stepping down at the end of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here