Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a current Brighton player!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
This would go with the rumour that El Abd had a bust up with Nathan Jones in the morning and was sold that afternoon, Dont know if either are true or just rumours but does not seem out of the realms of possibility.

Not with Nathan Jones but there was a bust up before he was sold.

Dec 29, 2011
I think his may have more to do with Nathan Jones than Garcia. His reaction to Dale Stephens performance at Bolton in the ineterview afterwards was strange, especially as many thought he was one of our best players that day. And, although fit, he didnt make the squad today. Don't get me wrong, i am not sticking up for Garcia. He is responsible at the end of the day.

I hadn't heard the interview, so I went back to listen to it. It is strange.. Interviewer, "Stevens played well today", NJ, " [long pause], well he could have given the ball away less". Not sure if it's a joke we're missing (they both laughed) but I agree that that is a strange reaction to have, after someones asks a leading question about a player having a good game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not with Nathan Jones but there was a bust up before he was sold.

The story I was told was that he had row with Orlandi & Bruno then Jones stepped in talking to them in Spanish which he objected to and had to be pulled away by Greer. Not sure what creedence to put on this but just repeating what I heard, it may be complete balls but he did get sold suddenly and very quickly especially as he was near his testimonial.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well this bunch of unworthy losers came desperately close to achieving promotion last season, and this season they are, (largely), the same set of players as last, so l think we need to start asking ourselves why are things so different this time around? I'd look at the management and the coaching staff for the answers.

But its not though. No Bridcutt or Barnes and Orlandi, Crofts, Buckley injured for a lot of the season. For one reason or the other I would suggest a very different team to last season

Feb 14, 2010
The players and the coaching staff should look at the stands when playing at the half empty grounds in this division and then look at full stands at Brighton and ask themselves whether they will continue to be under achieving losers or whether they might want to start being worthy of the Brighton support and actually achieve something.

The future has to be the Academy, genuine committed older players can impart some experienced knowledge. However, players earning too much and booking their holidays is symptomatic of the modern game. The only way forward is to bring in young talent, this is where Oscar can play a big part. Team needs a clear out and to go with youngsters, it may take a while but I'm not pessimistic for the long run, all in transition phase. Bedwetting is counterproductive.

Feb 14, 2010
The future has to be the Academy, genuine committed older players can impart some experienced knowledge. However, players earning too much and booking their holidays is symptomatic of the modern game. The only way forward is to bring in young talent, this is where Oscar can play a big part. Team needs a clear out and to go with youngsters, it may take a while but I'm not pessimistic for the long run, all in transition phase. Bedwetting is counterproductive.

I agree with most of what you say but I think the reverse. I think Brighton fans need to be less patient, not more patient. We shoulkd ram down our players throats that we get bigger vrowds than Leeds and we expect and demand as a result, so if they are not up to the job then they will get it in the neck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here