Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from a current Brighton player!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It does seem as there is something going on the squad, like him or not, Poyet did keep the players disciplined. It might be due to his lack of English or another reason, but I don't think Garcia has the control that Poyet did over the changing room. Hopefully the issues get resolved, and we can build for next season.
I think his may have more to do with Nathan Jones than Garcia. His reaction to Dale Stephens performance at Bolton in the ineterview afterwards was strange, especially as many thought he was one of our best players that day. And, although fit, he didnt make the squad today. Don't get me wrong, i am not sticking up for Garcia. He is responsible at the end of the day.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is exactly the reason players generally mistrust supporters.

Supporters run hot and cold on the outcome of the game with very little knowledge.

Yeah they prefer our adulation and try and make the right noises, but seriously look at rather overweight middle aged men cramped into their undersized replica shirt as rather odd and those that have some closer access to the club with suspicion.

It doesnt ring true that a player of some experience would share an insight so emotive to a casual stranger, so for me its a bit of a smear posting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
i wasn't going to put this on here but i am so pi**ed off from the lack of effort and commitment in our last few games by certain players that i thought you should all have your take on it.

I was recently talking to a family member of one of our current players. I couldn't believe it when he told me that certain players in the squad had already booked their summer holidays as they are out of contract in the summer and know they will not be getting a new contract if we make the premier league. So maybe this explains the lack of effort in recent games by some players? Also the bust up between bruno and kuszczak after the goal we conceded in the 90th min at sheff wed continued into the changing rooms with kuszczak aiming several punches at bruno. Kuszczak is apparently fuming with certain members of the squad booking themselves an early holiday so maybe bruno is one of them? Last of all i was told that the current brighton player thinks that the majority of players within the squad are over paid by the club and even admitted that he himself was on too much money due to the role he plays at the club. Maybe this explain why we cant afford a new striker?

The player in question is not who you think it would be.

palace..

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Kuszczak beaten to the last cheap Easyjet booking by Bruno ?

A family member of somebody who works at the travel agency hinted it might be so.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wasn't going to put this on here but I am so pi**ed off from the lack of effort and commitment in our last few games by certain players that I thought you should all have your take on it.

I was recently talking to a family member of one of our current players. I couldn't believe it when he told me that certain players in the squad had already booked their summer holidays as they are out of contract in the summer and know they will not be getting a new contract if we make the premier league. So maybe this explains the lack of effort in recent games by some players? Also the bust up between Bruno and Kuszczak after the goal we conceded in the 90th min at Sheff Wed continued into the changing rooms with Kuszczak aiming several punches at Bruno. Kuszczak is apparently fuming with certain members of the squad booking themselves an early holiday so maybe Bruno is one of them? Last of all I was told that the current Brighton player thinks that the majority of players within the squad are over paid by the club and even admitted that he himself was on too much money due to the role he plays at the club. Maybe this explain why we cant afford a new striker?

The player in question is not who you think it would be.

What? Footballers have booked HOLIDAYS? How dare they? They should be sacked on the spot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If this is true then you should have kept it to yourself as you were told this in confidence. Brighton are and always have been a club with a large support but a lower league side. Bloom is trying to change that but that is how it is. Not acceptable but its been like that for most of Brighton's history. Brighton are probably the most under achieving football club in the country given the size of its support. 29,000 for Ipswich at home in the second tier and what today, 27,000 / 28,000. Of course the current players are not worthy of that sort of support but then back in the day nor were the players who played in front of 34000 against the likes of Rochdale at the Goldstone. This current crop of players are therefore just another bunch of unworthy losers to add go the list of the other under achieving sides in our history.

Well this bunch of unworthy losers came desperately close to achieving promotion last season, and this season they are, (largely), the same set of players as last, so l think we need to start asking ourselves why are things so different this time around? I'd look at the management and the coaching staff for the answers.

Feb 14, 2010
Well this bunch of unworthy losers came desperately close to achieving promotion last season, and this season they are, (largely), the same set of players as last, so l think we need to start asking ourselves why are things so different this time around? I'd look at the management and the coaching staff for the answers.

They came desperately close until that disgraceful performance against palace and now this recent debacle. This set of players deserve to be playing to 3000 not 30000. Yes these players are not worthy and they should start pulling their sodding finger out

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They came desperately close until that disgraceful performance against palace and now this recent debacle. This set of players deserve to be playing to 3000 not 30000. Yes these players are not worthy and they should start pulling their sodding finger out

Yes that's right. but why did thy put in that dreadful performance against Palace? I'll tell you, it's down to 'mis' management again. All players need guidance and motivation. This lot don't get any. What happened when things started to go wrong yesterday? There was no help from the bench whatsoever. The clueless pair of Garcia and Jones just looked on, seemingly oblivious to it all.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009

Absolootly Its time we bought PRIDE back to Brighton and that meens only one man and that man is DEAN WILKINGS He is Brighton threw and threw he has been sucesful at the club scoring at Wembly and also has taken us higher SEVENTH than this forigner Garcia and the other forigner Jones he also has a 100% record in this divison manageing Southamton so its time Bloom stopped playing gin rummy in New Zeland for a liveing and made us a sucess again

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else has asked: Is the OP annoyed that players have booked their summer holidays a full TWO MONTHS before they go away?

I always just show up at Gatwick on the day and see what's available.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Really pleased to read this post, its made me realise why we have just now lost three on the bounce, great work #plank

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here