[Football] Viera

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Very true, mate. We saw home fans act like complete c*nts towards some our players not that long ago, as they tried to get to the tunnel, you know, trying to attack them and stuff. Now that dressing room was located in the corner, too. I forget where it was, though. Mmmmh. Could you find out for me?

No Palace fans were on the pitch.
It didn’t help with Dirty Sanchez giving it the big un to all and sundry.
I hope that helps .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Points deduction for this sort of fan behaviour is the way forward.

Absolutely, but I think we need to realise that they were on the pitch celebrating a win after Crystal Palace let their lead slip, so really, Crystal Palace are equally responsible and should also receive a points deduction. 15 points each sounds about fair.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The evidence shows it is an attempted assault by Viera on a young and possibly mentally challenged individual who has encroached on the field of play.

We're not talking about what happened against Gary Neville all those years ago

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Presumably Sam Kerr should have been charged with assault earlier this season as well

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
I wonder if theres any link between this kind of. incident and people felling like they can get away with saying anything on social media.
Try it in the real world and you get lamped. Good on Viera

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
FFS.

Agree with taxing the tax evaders. They cause significantly more problems than people claiming any form of benefits.

Only in context if they’ve committed a crime and can’t now work because of. Why should we pay for them because they’ve fly tipped and had their van crushed as per the example I gave?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Probably on the pitch to try to protect his players. Didn't see him remonstrate with the guy with kid on his shoulders. I wouldn't take my kids to football at that age but each to his own.

Was talking about the fan, bot Viera.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Palace fans have changed their tune all of a sudden it’s fine for players/managers to kick a fan.

Interestingly, I've seen Everton fans on twitter calling the 'fan' in question all sorts ... saying he deserved what he got in return and supporting Vieira.

Home clubs need to be making regular PA announcements at these end of season matches warning fans that it is illegal to enter the pitch at ANY time and that doing so has serious consequences ... potential prosecution and being banned for life!

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
On one hand, good on PV for showing the prat that he can't get away with it, but on the other hand, the fan was walking away and PV turn back and then kicked him.

Yes the fan was a prat, but PV is in the public eye, all over the world, and he should have left it and not turned around and kicked him when the prat was walking away.

Its the kick after he was walking away that I'm torn on. I thought the prat may have said something racial that made PV react, but after seeing the POV of the prat, nothing was said, that I could make out, to make PV turn around and chase him and kick him.

But I think the most important component that maybe being over looked is the fans should not have been on the pitch.

Proper tinpot celebrating staying in the Prem, with one game to go, after spending half a billion. Can't remember it happening before.

Oh, and I think the fan is a prat if that didn't come across.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
This fan deserved a kick up the arse.
I take it Zaha was still on the pitch,in which case, why pick on Viera?

Seriously, last week, Brentford players were complaining that Everton fans were racially abusing their families. Seems a pretty toxic culture up there still.

Add to that the provocation of Ronaldo resulting in the phone of the abusive lad being smacked out of his hand! I'm no fan of Ronnie at all ... but there does seem to be a pattern here of events at GP with young tw*ts that think they can get away with any sort of abusive/racist ... and probably homophobic behaviour!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I ssupect for the majority there's a line to be drawn between 'having sympathy' and 'condoning'.

Of course he shouldn't have done it. Obviously there will have to be repercussions for him. So can't 'condone'.

But most of us can also see the other side - recent events creating fear for the safety of opposotion staff and players, abject failure to protect thise staff and players by Everton, and excessive goading by a complete arse who was relying on the fact that Viera wouldn't be able to react, in order to get a selfie video to show off to his mates. All of which engenders a fair amount of sympathy with Viera.

Yep :thumbsup:

I'm certainly in the camp of having sympathy with PV.

What sort of message will it give if PV ends up getting charged/fined or whatever ... and nothing happens to the idiot 'fan' or the pitch invasion in general.

It'll be an endorsement to the pitch invaders/idiots to just carry on as you were!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Maybe some one has already made this comment but I haven't seen it.

Many of us were on the pitch after the Wigan game. It was a glorious time. It will be a pity if this year's events mean that the one off wonderful joyful occasions have to be policed by rows of stewards trying to stop folks getting by them. I don't know the answer though because even well meaning celebrating fans could put players at risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports