Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Viera

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I said this yesterday: lockdowns have had a psychological effect on people we don't fully understand yet.

They were entirely necessary of course. But if you lock people away for a time it seems plausible to me that some people will find the restoration of their freedoms to be an 'Act Like A C**t' golden ticket.

Couple that with everything else going on: political shambles, the spectre of nuclear war, people going hungry or cold, low wages, easier access to drugs.

Take your pick.

We're in a melting pot and unfortunately amongst 30k amped up blokes, with all this going on, there are going to be some tossers being larger tossers than they were in 2019.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said this yesterday: lockdowns have had a psychological effect on people we don't fully understand yet.

They were entirely necessary of course. But if you lock people away for a time it seems plausible to me that some people will find the restoration of their freedoms to be an 'Act Like A C**t' golden ticket.

Couple that with everything else going on: political shambles, the spectre of nuclear war, people going hungry or cold, low wages, easier access to drugs.

Take your pick.

We're in a melting pot and unfortunately amongst 30k amped up blokes, with all this going on, there are going to be some tossers being larger tossers than they were in 2019.

I think that's giving to many excuses.
I also think you're right in the end.

Easier access to potent Class A, 30k amped up blokes, the emotions surrounding the match.

Tosser being a larger tosser - sadly that's not going to be the end of the story.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He was trying to get to the away dressing room, which are located in the corner by the away fans.

The location of the Goodison Park away dressing room will certainly need to be reviewed and Everton will need to create a new protocol. Vieira had no alternative than to walk through the misbehaving Everton fans who were goading him and sticking mobiles in his face.

PV did well to only kick the idiot and not chin him.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Reflects a very broken and breaking apart country/society. Drugs everywhere, anger everywhere, a sense of hapless foreboding everywhere (politics, economy, inflation, climate, covid…), corruption, MoJ in crisis, NHS in (even bigger than normal) crisis…and that’s just Domestic stuff. Meanwhile, over in Ukraine…!

And we are undoubtedly soft. We need to inject real fear into peoples lives, of consequences committing crime. Fear keeps majority of people in line. Shame used to, but that’s more badge of honour stuff these days so we need fear eg Fly tip? Seize van, crush it > Can’t work? Tough luck > no Unemployment benefit > Can’t pay bills/Resort to further crime therefore? Proper jail time! > Act up in jail? > Sentence increased! And so on. Got to be the case that individual always pays a higher price than society if they offend. Not believe they can always win by going one step lower in a race to the bottom and ‘we’ pick up the tab/relent and release. And to pay for all this? Tax corporate evaders, the biggest crooks of all some say! Country needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom. We need a new generation of strong, duty driven political class who will reform almost everything and work cross divide for more than 2-3 parliaments to really put eg NHS, Education, MOD, MoJ etc on right path. Even if I have zero expectation this happening, it could at least be attempted!

Sorry, but this was just a pissed up bin dipper.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think that's giving to many excuses.
I also think you're right in the end.

Easier access to potent Class A, 30k amped up blokes, the emotions surrounding the match.

Tosser being a larger tosser - sadly that's not going to be the end of the story.

I think my wider point is that the last few years have been, and continue to be, a shitshow for various reasons. Football has always allowed people to let off some steam so, whilst concerning, it's not surprising that some are taking it too far.

I think that's my point. It's early and I've not had a cup of tea yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, but if it hadn't been him there were dozens of other similar dickheads ready to do it instead.

I'm not sure whether this problem has always been there, whether it's because drugs are more prevalent or whether society is more broken but I am sure that being led by useless, self-serving liars is something that is entirely preventable and can't help the situation.

As for drugs, it really is probably time to review what we do about it now because the war on drugs was lost decades ago and the affects of society get worse and worse every day. I'd legalise the lot, tax the f##k out of them, create a register of users, and watch the scum who sell them now go the way of Al Capone.

D

Deleted member 2719

Viera has always been a ****, the fact that manages palarse makes him a double ***t, and the fact he is strutting amongst adrenalin-filled fans makes him a triple ***t.

I hope he is given a big penalty for his assault of a human on a football pitch, let's face it it was his pastime and he was showing his true colors, horrible player and individual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Don't apologise. You're right to be wary of people overthinking this, and blaming whatever scapegoat they want to scapegoat.

The bottom line is that the fan was a twunt. Society is against him, and with Vieira.

'Look at me! Look at me! Look, I've got my phone in Vieira's face!' I'm giving him the finger!'

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Of course the Everton fan was a massive t**t but I can’t believe how many are defending Vieira’s violent actions. As a highly paid professional manager he should have ignored the fan and carried on walking to the changing room. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think my wider point is that the last few years have been, and continue to be, a shitshow for various reasons. Football has always allowed people to let off some steam so, whilst concerning, it's not surprising that some are taking it too far.

I think that's my point. It's early and I've not had a cup of tea yet.

I just find it hard to believe these shitshows are anxiously pawing over news from Russia, Westminster, Brexit and the pandemic and all that is manifesting itself into behaving like a weapon for the moment while invading a pitch.

Weapon is as weapon does.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The only acceptable outcome of this would be a 20 point deduction for Palace next season and a lifetime ban from English football for Viera in my considered opinion. A £50 fine for the Everton fan too of course.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Of which drugs has become an inevitable and more ubiquitous symptom at football - I'm certainly noticing it more and more of late in the ground, and on the trains. Pissheads have always been a factor, but the drug element has ramped up massively in the last 12-18 months.

There was an account from a journalist attending an England game this year at Wembley. He reported that there was a massive queue in the mens gents - not for the urinals, which were largely vacant. The queue was for the cubicles.

Wonder why that was.
At the euros people didn't bother with cubicles they just openly passed the bag round with a key, police just don't seem to care anymore. The euros was the pinnacle of lawlessness for me, in 25 years of going to games I've never seen people swigging from a bottle of Jack Daniels in the stands !!!! Everyone off their nut.

I'm surprised football fans haven't caught up with ravers. I noticed at Coachella in the states all the kids seem to have these pendants filled with coke on the end of necklaces that can be twisted open with a little scooper at the end to sniff the goodies from. Genius.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He was trying to get to the away dressing room, which are located in the corner by the away fans.

Very true, mate. We saw home fans act like complete c*nts towards some our players not that long ago, as they tried to get to the tunnel, you know, trying to attack them and stuff. Now that dressing room was located in the corner, too. I forget where it was, though. Mmmmh. Could you find out for me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here