Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Viera

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A post I saw on Everton's forum, and thought about was..

Is there a connection between the way the country is being run and more football 'incidents'?

efa92648d9fe255af047946030452c24.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In what way do you think the authorities should act though?

If a large group of football fans want to get on the pitch, about the only thing that is going to stop them is large metal fences, and we're not going back there.

Within the realms of our laws, very little likely can or will be done other than lots of tough talking I expect. Society feels broken at the moment, and football merely reflecting I suppose.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A post I saw on Everton's forum, and thought about was..

Is there a connection between the way the country is being run and more football 'incidents'?

efa92648d9fe255af047946030452c24.jpg

Definitely. Point I was making about how football reflecting wider societal picture in this country.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of the guys on the pitch trying to get involved had a child on his shoulders. Whether he was trying to break up or add his tuppence I don’t know. I do know he’s not going to win father of the year though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Things have come to head in a few days with pitch invasions getting unsavoury (by some spoilers).

I expect there’ll be some meetings, the Commons committee will stick its oar in, then a clampdown from next season. Which will only work if large numbers of police are involved.

Used to be just promotion games, now fans of so called giants are celebrating staying up :lolol:

Large numbers of Police? What sort of mythical dream is it that we still have the numbers of police (not doing paperwork or driving round in cars) to do an Orgreave on the fans?

Perhaps we should just try some decent fences?

:(

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That had the ring of John Prescott to it:

'I can goad the famous people as much as I like. What are they going to do?'

'Oh sh**. Picked the wrong one!'

Very odd that the fan should think that Vieira needed to be goaded rather than just celebrating the huge achievement that is 16th place. Even odder that he didn't realise that doing it was nearly as risky as a Palace fan trying to do the same to Duncan Ferguson.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Imagine trying to secure a conviction for that.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I rather like Patrick Vieira. Well spoken chap with a lovely French accent. So having reviewed none of the footage myself, and having very little clue what actually happened, I'm in Team Patrick.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One of the guys on the pitch trying to get involved had a child on his shoulders. Whether he was trying to break up or add his tuppence I don’t know. I do know he’s not going to win father of the year though.

Not sure what you are watching but clearly tries to break up the problem as do a couple of other fans who help him of the pitch - all credit to them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure what you are watching but clearly tries to break up the problem as do a couple of other fans who help him of the pitch - all credit to them.

Missed the point. What the feck is he doing on the pitch? Trying to remonstrate, with a kid on his shoulders?! Parent of the year, as said.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That feral scouse vermin in Vieira's face should have been drowned at birth. Another waste of skin, like that pathetic Forest c*nt who's just got 6 months.

Strong suspicion that the pitch-invading filth who are doing this are totally off their tits on marching powder. They need some rapid blunt trauma action to the skull from a truncheon, ideally.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That feral scouse vermin in Vieira's face should have been drowned at birth. Another waste of skin, like that pathetic Forest c*nt who's just got 6 months.

Strong suspicion that the pitch-invading filth who are doing this are totally off their tits on marching powder. They need some blunt trauma action from a truncheon, ideally.

Is a good start. But also arm Mounted Police with Sabres not truncheons, and charge Peterloo style if not Waterloo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is a good start. But also arm Mounted Police with Sabres not truncheons, and charge Peterloo style if not Waterloo.

I honestly don't know how we've arrived here. Since crowds have come back from lockdown, the DICKHEADS have really started taking over. I think drugs is undoubtedly the biggest factor, but why has it suddenly got so much worse ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I rather like Patrick Vieira. Well spoken chap with a lovely French accent. So having reviewed none of the footage myself, and having very little clue what actually happened, I'm in Team Patrick.

You spelled his name right.

Edit: So did [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I honestly don't know how we've arrived here. Since crowds have come back from lockdown, the DICKHEADS have really started taking over. I think drugs is undoubtedly the biggest factor, but why has it suddenly got so much worse ?

Reflects a very broken and breaking apart country/society. Drugs everywhere, anger everywhere, a sense of hapless foreboding everywhere (politics, economy, inflation, climate, covid…), corruption, MoJ in crisis, NHS in (even bigger than normal) crisis…and that’s just Domestic stuff. Meanwhile, over in Ukraine…!

And we are undoubtedly soft. We need to inject real fear into peoples lives, of consequences committing crime. Fear keeps majority of people in line. Shame used to, but that’s more badge of honour stuff these days so we need fear eg Fly tip? Seize van, crush it > Can’t work? Tough luck > no Unemployment benefit > Can’t pay bills/Resort to further crime therefore? Proper jail time! > Act up in jail? > Sentence increased! And so on. Got to be the case that individual always pays a higher price than society if they offend. Not believe they can always win by going one step lower in a race to the bottom and ‘we’ pick up the tab/relent and release. And to pay for all this? Tax corporate evaders, the biggest crooks of all some say! Country needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom. We need a new generation of strong, duty driven political class who will reform almost everything and work cross divide for more than 2-3 parliaments to really put eg NHS, Education, MOD, MoJ etc on right path. Even if I have zero expectation this happening, it could at least be attempted!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fan deserved it the little scouse ****. Shame he didn’t smash the little prick harder. I honestly hope any player manager smashing one of these bellends gets a free pass. Don’t care if he is palace I support Viera 100% I hope they find the bellend goading him and ban him. Whose the **** now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here