Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A new manager at a football club is a big deal.

The announcement comes with a bit of a fanfare - the deal is marked as being a triumph and a big, bold step towards a brighter future.

How are Palace going to spin this when they announce it?
An epic, Bobby Zamora style "I'm BACK"?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The timing of this news- unofficial thought it is- is highly suspicious. Palace deliberately leaking it to give fans time to digest it and calm down overnight before the official announcement?

The natives don't seem very happy already :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure what would be funnier: they go down anyway, or they stay up and Parish gives Uncle Roy a new long term contract as a reward.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mmm, I'm not so sure. You're always decent here so you probably deserve better than the digs you get - not that you expect otherwise I'm sure, since you're in enemy territory - but you remain decent despite it, and not all fans do. You have little control with how your club is run, and although I joined others in the fight to get rid of Archer etc, it's only luck that we've ended up with Bloom.

Indeed. We do get great football in this country, but I'd prefer the German ownership model.

I know we're not allowed to change allegiance, but all rules have exceptions. You're too good for Palace and deserve better.
Seconded......🤣

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

They're actually doing it!!

80900A37-0A07-45C1-B18A-EAB6C00F0F0A.gif

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
A new manager at a football club is a big deal.

The announcement comes with a bit of a fanfare - the deal is marked as being a triumph and a big, bold step towards a brighter future.

How are Palace going to spin this when they announce it?
Glow up incoming

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If that’s true I am genuinely lost for words about what’s happening to my club.

I’m off to find a damp stone to hide under on here, football wise.
Fair play for coming on here still. Perhaps a bit of gallows humour is a good medicine. Amazing decision by the club. Can we really imagine all those players being lifted by Roy walking into the room?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jesus Christ that's real. I had to double check, it looked like it had to be a windup.

The Palace board are making a bold move here - they're making me feel sorry for Palace fans.

Mods - I think the thread title needs an update
The head says Palace fans don’t deserve this.

The heart says I need to have a long look at myself in the mirror if that is what I really believe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m retired, and he’s a year younger than my old mum. It’s actually a bit bizarre. I mean, fair play to the old chap for boosting his bank balance and pension a bit at no real risk to himself - hardly jeopardising his future career- but wtf are the Palace board thinking ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m retired, and he’s a year younger than my old mum. It’s actually a bit bizarre. I mean, fair play to the old chap for boosting his bank balance and pension a bit at no real risk to himself - hardly jeopardising his future career- but wtf are the Palace board thinking ?
He’s a Palace fan so can understand why he’d take the job, struggling to understand why they’d give it to him though. Forward planning is not a thing at Palace is it?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is one of the most bonkers PL decisions since the chicken shop owners backed Steve Kean at Blackburn.

What on earth are they thinking? If nothing else, Vieira had his side well drilled and staying in most games in which they were underdogs.

Now they are bringing in Roy to do what actually?

Baffling from Parish. I actually feel a bit sorry for the proper Palace fans. not the dick heads with the smoke bombs in the masks though. To them...hahahaha

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m must admit, I am completely baffled by the whole thing. Apparently, Viera was taken by complete surprise at his sacking, Textor didn’t want him out, it was all Parish.They had no plan of succession, you’d think that after 5 managers turning them down before they employed Viera they’d have sorted something out. I thought they may have turned the corner a bit when they played us, they could/should have scored 2 by the time we scored, and weren’t as bad as when we played them up there.
Now, they have easier games on paper coming up, they sack a young manager and employ someone who s last act in football was to relegate Watford.

If they do go down, and I think it’s a strong possibility, they only have themselves to blame. It would also worry me, a lot of people at the club don’t appear to think they can get relegated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here