Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Odds are seriously shortening on RH heading back to Selhurst Park.

Makes me wonder if this had already been arranged in secret - still quite stunned that Palace could pursue a 95 year old Hodgson who my Watford mate described as the ‘most clueless, embarrassing joke of a manager we’ve ever seen’…..
And Watford have seen a lot of managers.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Imagine just days after losing to your rivals as a chasm of points and positions opens wider and the bitter reality of the trajectories of two clubs is rammed back down your throat your owners sack the manager and appoint Roy f***ing Hodgson.

If it was not so funny I would probably feel a bit of sympathy
Honestly, if they appoint Hodgson they would have to redefine the word "underwhelming" in the dictionary. I'd be fuming if I was a Palace fan which makes it the funniest news of the year. What a noddy club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Elder abuse is a terrible thing, sadly on the rise and comes in many horrific forms. I feel sorry that Palace are doing this to him.

Joan: “Roy, ROOOOYYYYY, turn your blooming hearing on. Steve Parish is on the phone”.
Roy: “Ethel, what’s that, the local church? I’ll call them back after the shipping forecast”.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Joan: “Roy, ROOOOYYYYY, turn your blooming hearing on. Steve Parish is on the phone”.
Roy: “Ethel, what’s that, the local church? I’ll call them back after the shipping forecast”.
I hope Steve Parish didn't make him miss Countdown this afternoon with these 'talks'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
His cardiologist advised that he avoids that if Rachel’s on.

The dirty old sod.
If Rachel's on and Roy gets an 'erection' for example, fair play to him. He's doing far better than most uneducated septuagenarians from South London watching in getting that or any other 8 letter word.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It's going to be Roy back at Selhurst isnt it!! This is so delicious. He had his day but is well past being an effective manager.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They could really regret this. Doesn’t give a new manager much time settle in at this point in the season. I mean they are where you would expect them to be in mid table, about the same as last season. Strange decision.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think you are all being very unfair to Palace and the 4 Chairmen of the Apocalypse.

It was only Wednesday that the Chancellor of the Exchequer said he’d like to see more OAPs returning to the workplace, and within 2 days Palace have grasped the nettle, sacked a young manager, and are looking to install a 76 year old former employee.
Very beneficial to the Country, well done Palace.

God save the King.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Poor old Roy got so upset with this:

He really wasn’t pleased.

If Tony ever puts Gully on the transfer list, we should definitely swoop for that bloody hornet to replace him. Hilarious trolling of the SEGW.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Transfer fees only tell half the story.

Up to the last published accounts, in just 4 years to June 2021 our payroll costs were £391m, theirs £106m greater at £497m.

They enticed and retained players by being far greater payers.
And that is with them having far less squad depth than us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems a strange one. Not so much the sacking but the timing. Why not wait until after the Arsenal game. Make it at least look like a considered decision.

And then Hodgson? Parish says:

“I think things just weren’t happening. So the mood was good, it was fine, but obviously we’re hoping that there’s a bit of fresh impetus, a few different ideas, maybe we surprise the opposition a little bit by doing something different.”

“The feeling is good,” Parish added. “You know, everybody loved Patrick, genuinely. The players had all the time in the world for him. You saw from the performances he never lost the players at all, they were all running and playing for him."

This is where I'm struggling to get to grips with his thinking. He sacks a manager who the players loved and were still playing for because of poor results and performances. Presumably the lack of goals and shots on targets and negative tactics played their part in that.

His best idea to remedy that is to appoint Hodgson? A man so cautious and negative in his tactics he parks an extra two buses in front of the buses he's already parked at both ends of the pitch. Is the aim to draw their way to safety?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here