Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viera has left Palace and Hodgson returns!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Seems like a classic case of Parish caving to the toxic HF he has cultivated.
Their best performance for some time and coming to the end of a long line of games that should they have had the humility to have a relegation tracker few points would have been expected from.
Oh well fingers crossed that this really dispirits the players and that they make a truly terrible managerial appointment. I had no hope they'd go down last night but this morning I'm grinning that there's a chance.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm surprised, only losing 1-0 against us the other day was an excellent result for them, what more do they expect?
Hmmm me thinks it was all the poor results since the turn of the year that did for him then one more defeat, and by their bitter rivals, however well they played, was what forced the club's hand.

As l said earlier, it's hard not to feel sorry for him.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Yes, 11/2 to stay up and 9-1 against to go down (or 1/9 as someone correctly posted above.

That was yesterday anyway...
The bet is for relegation, not staying up, and the current top price (for relegation) is 13-2 against. £30 returns £225 including stake. This implies they are long odds-on to stay up.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So where does Simon Jordan think that squad should be in the league? Every match they are playing 3 or 4 mid table players and at least 3 or 4 who should no way be playing in this league and a few in between.

Pat has done a good job there. I'm not seeing who is going to get more out of them than they have been getting.

As for the talk about easy games. Well, I don't think they will find those games easy. They absolutely cannot afford a poor run or those easy teams will leap frog them very quickly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So many parallels to Potter, came in, changed the style, played some good stuff and got plaudits. Second season suffered a long winless run, struggled to score goals, and were close to the relegation zone - and this is where the similarities end, we stuck with Potter, stayed up and reaped the rewards over the next season, finishing in our highest ever position. Vieira sacked, they might well stay up but no doubt will revert to another Roy type manager and keep treading water

Saw a video on YouTube yesterday of Palace fans ringing in to chat shite about their plight with Simon Jordan on Talksport. First caller said there's no chance they're going down as they've got a 'really easy run of games coming up' :lolol: Also went on to say you wouldn't know which team was chasing Europe and which team was in a relegation battle watching them against us.

If you fancy a laugh:

Weirdly I find myself generally agreeing with Jordan and the Palace fans, who seem to have a few more brain cells than the average numpties in the Holmesdale.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I mean there’s hardly a name that inspires confidence or reality there. Which is nice.
323332D4-4521-4712-82BB-3C649E967848.png

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I imagine the Palace board are reasonably confident of staying up but knew that PV's time was up and a change was required. So why not do it now, let the new boss take a look at the current squad, and then make some informed decisions about recruitment in the summer?

I don't normally see much cohesive, strategic thinking from the Palace hierarchy but on this occasion I think they may have made the right call.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The bet is for relegation, not staying up, and the current top price (for relegation) is 13-2 against. £30 returns £225 including stake. This implies they are long odds-on to stay up.
So if I bet £30 they will stay up (which is what I think they will do), what is the return?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yet another manager who never got to see The Full Waite.

View attachment 158417
The shirt numbers of the Palace fans in their fantasy mock up...... 10, 6, 7, 42. Theres more chance of them coming up in your euromillions jackpot win than that Stand ever being built.

What the latest objection? It would block the sunlight in the Sainsburys produce aisle!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Some palace fans will be upset he’s gone, and some will be worried about the forthcoming turmoil… glad we could help 😂😂😂😂

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seems like a classic case of Parish caving to the toxic HF he has cultivated.
Their best performance for some time and coming to the end of a long line of games that should they have had the humility to have a relegation tracker few points would have been expected from.
Oh well fingers crossed that this really dispirits the players and that they make a truly terrible managerial appointment. I had no hope they'd go down last night but this morning I'm grinning that there's a chance.
Quite. In terms of a 2023 palace bedwetting tracker:

Brighton A: (1) 0
ManCity H: (0) 0
Villa A: (1) 0
Liverpool H: (0) 1
Brentford A: (1) 1
Brighton H: (3) 1
ManUtd A: (0) 0
Newcastle H: (3) 1
ManUtd H: (0) 1
Chelsea A: (0) 0
Spurs H: (0) 0

Tracker points 9. Actual points 5. That was a tough run of fixtures given league positions and form.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Saw a video on YouTube yesterday of Palace fans ringing in to chat shite about their plight with Simon Jordan on Talksport. First caller said there's no chance they're going down as they've got a 'really easy run of games coming up' :lolol: Also went on to say you wouldn't know which team was chasing Europe and which team was in a relegation battle watching them against us.

If you fancy a laugh:

Nice to see SJ managed to squeeze a cheeky little #TeamsLikeBrighton in there :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here